Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: What Oil Filter Is The WORST???
- 06-02-08, 11:20 AM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Plattsburgh,NY (far NE uppaUS)
- worked on a couple `65`s
What Oil Filter Is The WORST???
I read a blurb here (?) a few years back on oil filters. I wanted to show a friend who sold me a Chevy 2500 6.5 Turbo diesel that the FRAM filters he used for the 1st 277k are junk.
Funny, but the engine seems well preserved.
My moto? Friends don't let friends use Fram oil filters!
Are the Hi-Po "racing" ones any better...
- 06-02-08, 11:45 AM #2
look thru these there ARE significant differances...
personally I avoid FRAM , AND mostly use WIX,PURALATOR, MOBILE 1 filters
but if you change your oil every 3500-4000 miles its far less critical
- By John '85 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 14Last Post: 09-27-07, 05:41 PM
- By froggy47 in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 54Last Post: 09-17-07, 10:32 PM
- By bobmanx in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 34Last Post: 03-10-05, 01:44 PM
- By WhalePirot in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 9Last Post: 01-24-05, 02:27 PM
- By Whiplash in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 06-03-04, 02:53 PM