Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    sold my last corvette.

Default Wow $110 a barrel

Wow , at $110 a barrel as of today, i guess its going to get bad, Being a kiwi New Zealander living in Australia, it converts to approx $6.00 to $7.00 a gallon. I remember one of my first trips to LosAngeles i purchased a rough no 4 1953 Buick Skylark for $9000,wish i still had it, this month twenty years ago 1988, gas was 99cents a gal, cannot remember want it was a barrel. Wayne.

Corvette(s)
    81 white, 355 ci, rhs heads,voodoo cam=fun

$3.35 here in SW Washington state. $3.80 a gallon for the good stuff at Cheveron

Corvette(s)
    1988 white 4+3 coupe 99 Torch Red 6spd. coupe

Let's organize and not buy gasoline for one day/week. Let it back up into the system, that will send a message to whom ever..................

Corvette(s)
    08 VR Convertible 2014 TR Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    Let's organize and not buy gasoline for one day/week. Let it back up into the system, that will send a message to whom ever..................

Won't hurt them at all, you'll just buy later as the price goes up. I remember 15 cents per gallon at Clarks Super 100 stations in St. Louis, in the early 60s, when my 56 vette, with twin 4 barrels, got 16 mpg on the highway. But I was only making $15 a week at a part time night job while in college. After graduation in 64, was stationed in Alaska and had a 63 SWC, 300 hp. Premium at the base was 55 cents per gallon (couldn't run the low octance MO gas), and I had jumped to $222 per month as salary as an ensign. One can never get ahead of this game of fuel prices. Now that I will soon be retired, the cost of gasoline will outstrip my pension. But I still want to drive my vettes, so I will pay the price. Just have to cut back on the necessities, such as food and clothing, and will have to have Remo send my medications.
    Barrett

Corvette(s)
    sold my last corvette.

Default Now $115

Just over a month ago it was $110 today $115, i guess one month from today it will be, who knows-----

Corvette(s)
    sold my last corvette.

Default $120.00 a barrel

I guess it had to happen, just under two weeks ago from $115 a barrel,or does it have to happen,