Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: some speedshops make me crazy
- 11-10-07, 09:17 AM #1
some speedshops make me crazy
now I usually buy gaskets in bulk packs, and mostly for GM and MOPAR engines because thats what I generally build and work on, and when you build and work on LOTS of cars you get a general idea as to prices, comon part numbers, and cures and causes of comon problems.
I was assembling a 496 BBC for a friend and his valve cover gaskets need replacing on the valve covers he has, I checked stock and I was out!
I was going to do some (HONEY DO!) stuff and I stopped by a local speed shop, I picked up a set of valve cover gaskets and walk over to the counter and ask the price....
without blinking he says $106 a pair, I looked at him and said...no not the VALVE COVERS.. JUST the gaskets! he repeated $106, ........I told him, well I can see why theres darn few customers and walked out
look heres a sellection, most are under $25 all are UNDER $50 a set, am I the only one that thinks the guys insanely gready, and deals with jerks like this??
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...0&autoview=sku" IF YOU CAN,T SMOKE THE TIRES FROM A 60 MPH ROLLING START YOUR ENGINE NEEDS MORE WORK!!"
- 11-10-07, 12:15 PM #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Dark Blue 1982 Trans Am(s): Polo Green 1995 MN6
- 11-10-07, 11:53 PM #3- OnlineAdministrator
- Join Date
- Feb 2003
- Ottawa, Canuckistan
- yellow 1973 coupe L82 4 spd with no power options
The sad part is not everyone knows the difference so they buck up and curse about why the hobby is so damn expensive.
- 11-11-07, 09:49 AM #4
Its rarely that I cannot wait the 1 or 2 day shipping that I get from Summit for speed parts; I deal with a local mom and pop auto parts store for most other items and they treat me quite well.
- By Rob in forum C1 & C2 General and Technical DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 10-12-07, 06:55 AM
- By grumpyvette in forum C3 General DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 10-07-07, 04:43 AM
- By trackitman in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 08-23-02, 07:21 PM