Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1984 two-tone bronze

Default replacing fuel pump with 85, choices?

Preppping to replace a fuel pump in my CFI. If I replace it, and go to an 85 (to enable future mods), how much of the assembly should be replaced? I've seen many fuel pumps on ebay that look like generic relacements, which scares me, and I've seen complete units including pump and fuel level sender, which is obviously a specific replacement for this car. Much better, but of course 5X the price. For people that have done this, how much did you replace, and what type of pump did you use? thanks

Corvette(s)
    1982 red corvette

http://1982corvette.shutterfly.com/pictures/83 i went with the 85 pump ,any of the 85 thru 90 should work.the change over to the 85 pump is mostly drop in. the only change is the wires .it is one of the better mods to do .

Corvette(s)
    1982 crossfire

Lightbulb Upgrade fuel pump from 82-84 to an 85 and later

The pump was about $100. I replaced the sending unit for $100. I had the fuel guage bouncing all around. So you don't have to replace the sending unit. You have to upgrade the requlator or spring to achieve more than 12 psi. I wnt with the adjustable requlator for about $50. The connector on th pump does not match the 82-84. Its included with the new pump and has to be spliced together. This is done from the top of the tank without removing it from the car.