Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    DetailingDude

Default Re: 3 wax jobs

Originally posted by Wamp
    It wasnt oxidation on my paint. It looked like it at first, but the car has been repainted and this is a light area that did not get full coverage.

We followed your process and I do have pics. For waxing I first used Mcguires swirl remover, the Mcguires final inspection, and then mcguires gold. Figure a few more coats of the final inspection and gold she'll blind people.
    WOW!!! Now THAT is what I am talking about! In 3 weeks I am going to be shooting a video on washing and drying. I am going to send it to you so you can keep your car that way! That is outstanding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    '74 Yellow/Tan int '96 Black/Black int LT4

Default Detail dude

It's only looking this good because of you DETAILDUDE. My wife was the believer, i was a little sceptical of how it would turn out. But have recommended your process to alot of people just over the one day of work. I want to do the rims, the coating is starting to come off. Know an easy way to get the coating off and polish them up real bright?
    Wamp
    "74 Stingray Coupe
    "96 Coupe (LT4)

DetailingDude

Default Re: Detail dude

Originally posted by Wamp
    It's only looking this good because of you DETAILDUDE. My wife was the believer, i was a little sceptical of how it would turn out. But have recommended your process to alot of people just over the one day of work. I want to do the rims, the coating is starting to come off. Know an easy way to get the coating off and polish them up real bright?
    Thanks but you two did the work! This really is a great story. I would like to do a feature of your wife and you on my website. She could be an inspiration to many other women.

I'll start a new string on this subject tonight and post some tips on wheel care.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1969 Killer Shark

Okay Detailing Dude......

Long time listener, first time caller....

It was great meeting you at the Orlando Show. As you saw on my 69, I may be the worlds worst detailing/car cleaning person.

I think I get this because for many years while in college I did PDI and used/new car get ready at a local chevy dealer. After a while, you see one shinny paint, you have seen them all.

HOWEVER, my FRICKEN@@@@#######@@@@@ CAT jumped on the 69 some time over the last week or so and scratched it up pretty nice all over the nose and front surround, and everywhere she tried to jump up, but then slipped off because it was waxed up and pretty smooth.

Then my buddy rubbed his finger over one of the scratches and just dug it deeper. It is surface based stuff to where it almost has a blue tint/hue to the affected scratched area. It was the pads of her toes that had sand on them, not her claws.

What should I do now?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    '74 Yellow/Tan int '96 Black/Black int LT4

Default 9 lives

69myway
    Did you take all the cats 9 lives or just a few? Should be pretty easy to buff surface scratches out, am sure detailingdude will be around sometime. Still have'nt got my 96 back, will be 15 days for an oil leak, lets pretend mechanic is cat and go get kitty....
    Wamp
    "74 Stingray Coupe
    "96 Coupe (LT4)

onedayu2

Default Zaino Bros clear coat

Hi Guys...

I guess this message is basically for Detail Dude but it is also for anyone else who know.
    I bought a 2000 C5 used. The paint is in good shape, BUT I wanna get involved with the Zaino products. How do I know if the car has been treated with the Zaino car polish? I was told that if it has the Zaino polish on it, you cant put other polishes on it. Should I skip the polish and go right to the "Gloss Enhancer" and car wash? I really wanted to clay bar it to see if it helps make my baby even shinier.

Thanks for the help.....
    Anthony

DetailingDude

There's no real way of knowing.

First time owning a car I suggest you get intimate with it and do the entire treatment.

onedayu2

Hi, thanks for the reply. My paint is in great shape. To be honest, I had a bad experience with wax once and I am alittle apprehensive. To add to that, I read a posting about a guy using a clay bar. He claimed it was heavily lubricated but it still left scratches. Im almost thinking i should leave well enough alone. I have no experience in detailing a car of this quality and Im alittle squeemish about claybarring.
    What do you think about going right to the Zaino Show Car Wash and Gloss Enhancer and skipping the claybarring and polish??

Thanks Detailing Dude!!!
    Anthony

DetailingDude

Well, to check to see how much your car needs claying take a cellophane cigarette wrapper, put two fingers inside it and gently glide it across the surface. If you feel a bunch of roughness then you'll probably want to clay.... otherwise you'll be trapping those contaminants under the wax and decreasing the paints reflectivity.

onedayu2

wow...great tip. I'll havta check it out and let ya know. Thanks dude!

white97

Default have you heard

DetailingDude,
    Have you heard of Perma Seal? "The lazy mans wax". I was at the Dallas car show last weekend and bought some. I don't know if I should use it or not. Since you are the expert, I thought I would ask. Thanks for all the great information. A girl can learn a lot from you...

Tracy

DetailingDude

There is no shortage of car care products. I try to keep up with things, but every now and then some pop-up. Basically, they outsource the technology or buy a recipe....

It might be good and it might not. The thing that I've always said from day one.... "you have to do proper surface prep in order to get good results, regardless of the product used"

and thanx for calling me an expert!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE

Quick question for ya detailing dude!!! I have a 35th Anniv vette. Its triple white. Just wondering what type of cleaner would you recommend on the white body side mouldings??? Ive been going crazy trying to figure out what can work w/o affecting the paint. Thanks!!

DetailingDude

Originally posted by MRANT212
    Quick question for ya detailing dude!!! I have a 35th Anniv vette. Its triple white. Just wondering what type of cleaner would you recommend on the white body side mouldings??? Ive been going crazy trying to figure out what can work w/o affecting the paint. Thanks!!
    Pardon my ignorance, but what part are you calling the body molding?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1988 35th ANNIV,1971 BRIDGEHAMPTON BLUE BB COUPE

Sorry for not being more specific. The body side mouldings run around the whole perimeter of the car. midway between the body and around the bumpers. the are made of a white rubber/plastic material. These mouldings have a tendancy of turning a beige color after a period of time. What ever you can come up with would be greatly appreciated!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast