Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1994 Black Rose Coupe

Originally posted by DetailingDude
    You're welcome. My website will have a step-by-step full pictoral guide with a video option.
    DetailingDude

What is the address to your web site ?
    What's your background in this field?

I'm still learning so any info is great info

Thanks

DetailingDude

Read my quick intro below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1991 White L98 Coupe

Hey DetailingDude....
    1. Do you use/like the product 'Black Chrome'?
    2. Ref the Clay Bar - is this for clear coats only or will it work well
    on enamels (i.e. work better than Dupont No. 7)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    2001 Quicksilver Lingenfelter Convertible

Default Dupont #7?

I thought Dupont #7 was outlawed after it was discovered that one application could remove the clear coat, paint, primer and the first 1/32" of the fiberglass surface. This was a product designed to use on old British sports cars that had enamel paint that starting oxidizing 15 minutes after it was applied. It can even be used on wood if you are out of sandpaper.

DetailDude - help the people out. Tell them what a claybar is and how it works. Because frankly the Zaino Brothers web site is about as clear as "mud".

Regards - Remo

DetailingDude

I will add a whole new section to the clay bar guide and explain the purpose of the clay bar!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1991 White L98 Coupe

Remo,
    Sorry, guess I wasn't real clear with my question about the clay bar vs. dupont # 7.....I have other cars with 30-40 year old paint on them (enamel), and was asking Detailingdude if a clay bar will clean this old enamel also.
    Until I got my Vette a couple months ago, and joined the Forum,
    I've been kinda 'stuck in the oldies' ref cleaning products - and had never heard of 'clay bar' til recently....
    Also, I do like using the 'Black Chrome', and wondered what his
    opinion of it is.

DetailingDude

What is Black Chrome? I can't say that I have ever heard of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1991 White L98 Coupe

Black Chrome.
    Made by Turtle Wax. It is used on all black rubber/vinyl trim - it makes dull/greyed/weathered side mouldings look like new(i.e. black, clean, and original)
    I use it once per year or so on the wide side mouldings on my 2000 Chevrolet Silverado. It is a thick dark liquid (as opposed to the thin white chrome polish) and is applied sparingly, allowed to dry, and then buffed slightly. I use 2 soft toothbrushes to apply and buff. Great stuff.

DetailingDude

I will get some and try it out.

DetailingDude

Here you go VetteDude.

BTW.... we might be related. Got the same last name! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1991 White L98 Coupe

DetailingDude...
    uh...lost me on your reply....
    ????

DetailingDude

Originally posted by Interceptor430
    DetailingDude...
    uh...lost me on your reply....
    ????
    My 'Here ya go VetteDude' comment was directed at someone else. I put that post on there to bring this guide up in the pecking order to make it easier for him to find. That's all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Rides
    Corvette(s)
    1973 L-48 Coupe

Default You R The Man.....

this is banner stuff "dude"......see ya at the "family" reunion!

les

Default Today I clayed with my car...

I started off by washing my car with' dawn". (THREE TIMES) Then I used " 3-m Adhesive remover" to get the" Zanio " off. I had about four coats under the wax. Then I carefully clayed the car. Another washing, and I used Meguires #7 and a buffer on the hood and nose.( I had some bad swirl marks that showed up on the graphics.) Then a coat of "Ibiz" wax. Then another coat. After polishing off with a cotton towel, I polished it again with a micro towel. Whoa!! She sparkels like a diamond..

DetailingDude

Default Re: Today I clayed with my car...

Originally posted by les
    I started off by washing my car with' dawn". (THREE TIMES) Then I used " 3-m Adhesive remover" to get the" Zanio " off. I had about four coats under the wax. Then I carefully clayed the car. Another washing, and I used Meguires #7 and a buffer on the hood and nose.( I had some bad swirl marks that showed up on the graphics.) Then a coat of "Ibiz" wax. Then another coat. After polishing off with a cotton towel, I polished it again with a micro towel. Whoa!! She sparkels like a diamond..
    Interesting process but I am glad you got the results you were looking for.... and that what counts.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast