Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray base price set at $51,995, up 3%

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Default 2014 C7 Corvette Stingray base price set at $51,995, up 3%

2014 Corvette Stingray Starts at $51,995

GM Media
    04-26-2013

DETROIT
    – The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.

“The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.”

Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:

• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment
    • Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
    • New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
    • 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
    • Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
    • Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model’s structure
    • Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
    • Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
    • Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
    • Keyless access with push-button start
    • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
    • An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob

As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including:

• 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
    • Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
    • Competition sports seats ($2,495)
    • Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
    • Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
    • Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
    • Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
    • Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
    • Red-painted calipers ($595)
    • Black-painted wheels ($495)

The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.

The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.

About Chevrolet
    Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

###
    Bob Chadwick and hzl6cm like this.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !

Thumbs up Wow !

I'm very impressed that the marketing folks hit the price nail right on the head on this C7. It makes a perfect transition from a Camaro SS Zl1 to a new Corvette. @ $51K for the base model. I paid $49.8K back in 2003 for my 50th Anniversary 1SC coupe. Sadly Chevy would only give me 17K for my 2003 Corvette as a trade-in. Which isn't never gonna happen, I only have 16,673 miles on her as of now. (I've been very sick the last few years. It's good to see they have thought this out and came to a fair price for this car. I really didn't like the first C7 I saw, it was in torch red, and had the huge black back bumper and valance. But I went to Chevy.com and there you can see it in a host of colors. In Cyber gray, they paint the whole car including the rear valance and once painted, (Just like my C5) the rear doesn't scream out at you. I still don't care for the foolish square lights but what ever, I suppose since my first Vette was a 1959 dark midnight metallic blue roadster and it had "Banana" shaped rear lights I guess I can live with square lights ! I'm very impressed !

Corvette(s)
    1973 Orange Metallic Coupe

Default More options?

Did they publish the entire option/price list or just the ones posted?
    Save the wave

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Quote Originally Posted by 73shark View Post
    Did they publish the entire option/price list or just the ones posted?
    So far, just the ones posted.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    1991 ZR1 and 1993 40th Ann Conv

Default 2014 Corvette

Amazing a stripped Corvette for 51K.

Corvette(s)
    1991 ZR1 and 1993 40th Ann Conv

Default 1993 Corvette

Testing to make sure my avitar is working.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Spiral Gray Metallic Coupe

Although I don't have a spare $52K laying around, I think this is a real bargain considering the technology in this car. As has been the history with the 'Vette, I can't think of another car out there with the ability of the Corvette at this price.

Corvette(s)
    1969 427

Quote Originally Posted by killain View Post
    I'm very impressed that the marketing folks hit the price nail right on the head on this C7. It makes a perfect transition from a Camaro SS Zl1 to a new Corvette. @ $51K for the base model. I paid $49.8K back in 2003 for my 50th Anniversary 1SC coupe. Sadly Chevy would only give me 17K for my 2003 Corvette as a trade-in. Which isn't never gonna happen, I only have 16,673 miles on her as of now. (I've been very sick the last few years. It's good to see they have thought this out and came to a fair price for this car. I really didn't like the first C7 I saw, it was in torch red, and had the huge black back bumper and valance. But I went to Chevy.com and there you can see it in a host of colors. In Cyber gray, they paint the whole car including the rear valance and once painted, (Just like my C5) the rear doesn't scream out at you. I still don't care for the foolish square lights but what ever, I suppose since my first Vette was a 1959 dark midnight metallic blue roadster and it had "Banana" shaped rear lights I guess I can live with square lights ! I'm very impressed !
    Dang Killain, you o.k., ya gonna get better? I hope you recover to enjoy cruisin' in your nice ride. Hang in!

Corvette(s)
    1994 LT-1 6 sp. white convertible

Default Glad to have what I have

Beautiful cars!
    I'm just happy to have my '94 convertible (I paid it off over 17 years ago).

Corvette(s)
    1986 Pace Car ; 2006 Z06

Default Vette

Once again,the best $$$$$ value in a sports car in the world...BAR NONE !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    2014 Corvette Stingray Starts at $51,995

GM Media
    04-26-2013

DETROIT
    – The 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray coupe will have a suggested starting retail price of $51,995, and the Corvette Stingray Convertible will start at $56,995. Both prices include a $995 destination fee but exclude tax, title, and license.

“The 2014 Corvette Stingray perfectly embodies Chevrolet’s mission to deliver more than expected for our customers,” said Chris Perry, vice president, Chevrolet marketing. “The Corvette Stingray delivers a combination of performance, design and technology that very few manufacturers can match, and none can even come close for $52,000.”

Standard features on the all-new 2014 Corvette Stingray include:

• Seating with lightweight magnesium frames for exceptional support, and eight-way power adjustment
    • Five-position Drive Mode Selector that tailors up to 12 vehicle attributes
    • New seven-speed manual transmission with Active Rev Matching
    • 6.2L LT1 V-8 engine with direct injection, Active Fuel Management, continuously variable valve timing and an advanced combustion system
    • Carbon fiber hood on all models, and a carbon fiber removable roof panel on coupes
    • Aluminum frame that is 99 pounds lighter (45 kg) and 57-percent stiffer than the previous model’s structure
    • Advanced, high-intensity discharge (HID) and light-emitting diode (LED) lighting
    • Dual, eight-inch configurable driver/infotainment screens, with next-generation Chevrolet MyLink infotainment system and rear vision camera
    • Bose nine-speaker audio system with SiriusXM Satellite radio, Bluetooth connectivity, USB and SD card and auxiliary input jack
    • Keyless access with push-button start
    • Power tilt/telescope steering wheel
    • An all-new, fully electronic top on the convertible that can be lowered remotely using the key fob

As shown at the North American International Auto Show, the Stingray coupe fitted with the major available options would be $73,360, including:

• 3LT interior package, with leather-wrapped interior ($8,005)
    • Z51 Performance Package ($2,800)
    • Competition sports seats ($2,495)
    • Exposed-carbon-fiber roof panel ($1,995)
    • Magnetic Ride Control with Performance Traction Management ($1,795)
    • Dual-mode exhaust system ($1,195)
    • Carbon fiber interior trim ($995)
    • Sueded, microfiber-wrapped upper interior trim ($995)
    • Red-painted calipers ($595)
    • Black-painted wheels ($495)

The 3LT interior package includes: Bose 10-speaker surround-sound audio system; SiriusXM Satellite radio with one-year subscription and HD radio receiver; color head-up display; memory package; navigation system; heated and ventilated seats with power lumbar and bolster adjustment; premium Napa leather seating surfaces; and leather-wrapped dash and instrument panel, console and door panels.

The Z51 Performance Package includes: high-performance gear ratios; transmission-cooling system; larger 19-inch front and 20-inch rear wheels and tires; larger, slotted rotors and brake-cooling ducts; electronic limited-slip differential and differential cooling system; unique chassis tuning; and available Magnetic Ride Control active-handling system with Performance Traction Management. Equipped with the Z51 package, the Corvette Stingray is capable of accelerating from 0–60 mph in under four seconds, and more than 1 g in cornering.

About Chevrolet
    Founded in 1911 in Detroit, Chevrolet is now one of the world's largest car brands, doing business in more than 140 countries and selling more than 4.5 million cars and trucks a year. Chevrolet provides customers with fuel-efficient vehicles that feature spirited performance, expressive design, and high quality. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at www.chevrolet.com.

###
    Last edited by Paws; 04-26-13 at 09:30 PM. Reason: spelling

Corvette(s)
    2002 M.Y. convertible

The two Chevy dealers out here will have a dealer markup of $5,000 to $10,000 for these cars.
    A Proud U.S. Navy Veteran

Corvette(s)
    2013 Artic White 427 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by o2bnkc View Post
    The two Chevy dealers out here will have a dealer markup of $5,000 to $10,000 for these cars.
    I'm sure that many of them will. They've been giving away Corvettes for the last several years to keep their allocations up. I'm sure they will try to make up for it with this car.

Corvette(s)
    1966 Mosport Green Conv.

Default Makes you wonder...

You've got to wonder about GM pricing "strategies". They offer the Z51 Performance Package, LOADED with value, for just $2800. Then they turn around and want to charge $596 to paint the calipers red, and $495 to paint four wheels black. That must be SOME paint! On the one hand, they seem to consider Corvette buyers to be perceptive and intelligent, and on the other hand--real suckers for color. And I'm sure plenty will prove them correct.

Corvette(s)
    1968 Convt, 1990 Convt

Awesome. What a gonga deal. Does anyone know when they will begin taking orders? Can you order one in primer?
    Dawn
    2 Corvettes, 3 Camaros (89 IROC Convt; 76 Dragcar; 71 RS), 2 Trucks (68 Shortbed & Dually), 66 Corvair, & ZX6R Kawasaki Ninja!!
    Chevyaddict to the core!

Corvette(s)
    1984 L83/MD8 red coupe

So much for drawing the younger owners in....It hasn't gone up much (about $1400 for the base?), but let's face it, many younger potential buyers will get shut out...but I do admit that it's a great value when you consider other sports cars of the day

A 40+ year dream finally came true....Bob got his 'vette

MY BLOG - MY OTHER LOVE

And remember, there's no place like ~/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast