Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Default 2014 C7 Corvette Spied Wearing Stripes

Car and Driver acquired spy photos of a yellow 2014 C7 Corvette sporting silver stripes.

What do you think? An option package for the base model Stingray or possibly a Grand Sport edition coming?

Chevrolet C7 Corvette Spied Wearing Stripes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails c7stripes.jpg  
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    2014 Corvette Convertible

Looks nice but I would not want to have to pay $1200 - $1500 for a mandated dealer installed option so they could make a quick profit on a take it or leave it deal.

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Corvette(s)
    1989 Bright Red Convertible

My first thought was, "Holy crap, drive that on the snow??", My second thought was that it reminded me of the Hertz rental Z06. And finally, third thought was that the color combo sounds kinda strange but it looks good.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver

With the Stingray Z51 I don't know if you will find they will offer a Grand Sport Package in the C7. They will a Z06 and a ZR1 I am almost certain but I don't think they will have room for 4 different Models in the new line.......just me thinking out loud....

The Grand Sport was a mix of the C6 models to boost lagging sales and it did just that as it became very popular and fit nicely between the base model and the Z06. I don't know if we will see that nitch openning up in the C7 line.

Corvette(s)
    2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport

A "guy" told me there are no current plans for a C7 GS.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

JJS
    Corvette(s)
    2013 Triple Black GS, Previous cars: 1971 LT-1

That's great news!

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsredvette View Post
    My first thought was, "Holy crap, drive that on the snow??", My second thought was that it reminded me of the Hertz rental Z06. And finally, third thought was that the color combo sounds kinda strange but it looks good.
    The C6 does great in snow ,I can't imagine the C7 would be worse .

Corvette(s)
    1989 Bright Red Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    The C6 does great in snow ,I can't imagine the C7 would be worse .
    I don't mind driving mine in a little snow but we had 10 inches the other day along with a fair amount of black ice. Mine doesn't stop very well on that stuff and we live in an area with lots of people that haven't seen much snow/ice. I'd be afraid of getting crunched with that C7
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsredvette View Post
    I don't mind driving mine in a little snow but we had 10 inches the other day along with a fair amount of black ice. Mine doesn't stop very well on that stuff and we live in an area with lots of people that haven't seen much snow/ice. I'd be afraid of getting crunched with that C7
    I got caught in the aftermath of the great Northeast storm recently coming back from Florida .My choices we're minimal at best I had to drive . Connecticut had 30 inches and little or non for snow removal .One lane open on I 95 and I was the lead vehicle ,years of experience ,all season Michelin's ,traction control and white knuckles prevailed .I'd like to say I left 'em all in the dust but there wasn't much dust .

They have done well as far as car balance since the intro of the C4 ,I'd think the C7 will be an equal or better than it's predecessors .

Corvette(s)
    2008 Coupe

I'm really not digging the stripes, although the car looks terrific from this angle:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C7_ystripe05_KGP_ed-2375884972-O.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	13170

But, I'm still scratching my head over this view. Is this really the best they could come up with?

Name:	C7_ystripe08_KGP_ed-2375885036-O.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	13171

Perhaps it's the overly gigantic exhaust tips, the huge v-shaped exhaust tip/license plate housing, the flat line that extends all the way across the back, the oddly contrasting outward-slanting angles of the vent holes against the inward-slanting taillights. It's so boxy and geometric, like it's constructed from Legos. I haven't seen a C7 in person yet so perhaps it's not right for me to judge; it is my fondest wish that two dimensions are simply incapable of capturing the real shape of the car.

Corvette(s)
    2014 Corvette Convertible

The C7 Corvette must have some fantastic aerodynamics for no snow/ice behind the wheels on the lower panels.

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Corvette(s)
    ZZ4, 700R4, Steeroids rack & pinion, VB&P Brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Ugolino View Post
    But, I'm still scratching my head over this view. Is this really the best they could come up with?

Name:	C7_ystripe08_KGP_ed-2375885036-O.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	72.4 KB 
ID:	13171
    I agree. I've never been a fan of Chevy Gray being plastered all over the rear of any car that isn't meant to go play in the mud.
    Here is a real quick & dirty (no pun intended) that I spent all of 2 minutes doing. (If I was serious about a mockup, I would've started with a clean autoshow picture from the gallery, )

Name:	yellow-rear.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	13184

Celebrity's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2004
    People's Choice Award Winner - CruiseFest 2010
    Blake Yager's MVC Award Winner - CruiseFest 2011

_

v| 1980
    ZZ4 Engine - Hooker Super Comp headers (ceramic coated) - 700R4 - Steeroids - VB&P Brake Kit - Torqlite 17" Wheels
    2003 Victory Vegas (1507cc / 92ci) - Stage 1 Performance Package - Arlen Ness Slashness Pipes

Quote Originally Posted by MaineShark View Post
    I could build a nuke in my basement. They are actually very simple devices. And we have uranium in NH. I could mine it and refine it and build one. The science is simple. The engineering not overly complex.

Corvette(s)
    BLACK 57, RED 06 VERT

I saw this car here in Milford, MI about a week ago. I thought that the combination with the yellow and silver stripe made the car look smaller than I was expecting. Also the black in the middle of the nose stripe looked out of place.

MCMLVII

Corvette(s)
    '96 GSc, '67 L68r, '78 L82, '70 L48c, '70 LT-1c

Just what the C7 needed...even more going on, visually.
    ____
    Bob