Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: 2014 C7 Corvette Reveal Live Video Stream

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

:G 2014 C7 Corvette Reveal Live Video Stream

Please note: this page will remain private until 15 minutes prior to the show on January 13, 2013(6:45pm EST).

This post is a place holder and will automatically stream the live video once GM starts streaming Sunday night.
    GS Diva, KANE, mindy and 10 others like this.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    2011 Cyber Gray Callaway Convertible

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Elaine
    HIS - 2011 Cyber Gray Grand Sport Callaway Convertible -"SOQUIK"
    HERS - 2005 Daytona Sunset Orange 6-spd Convertible - "SOQWIK"

South Shore Corvette Club - Weymouth, MA
    National Corvette Museum Member

Sales
    Corvette Mike New England
    Toll-free: 877-427-8388
    Cell: 617-872-8252

"Corvette Mike New England"

Corvette(s)
    1998 pace car,Impala, duramax, STS, k5

Thanks Rob, A nice treat!!!

Corvette(s)
    2004 machine silver Ragtop

Default Imho

I cannot believe that with all the innovations mechanically, interior and carbon fiber that the designers built an ugly Corvette. Quarter windows? tail lights? headlamps? roof line? Maybe it's just me and my SR Citizen mental status. At the end of the day, I just saved a bundle 'cause I'm not going to order a C7 and will keep my beautiful C5 vert.

Corvette(s)
    1973 Orange Metallic Coupe

, like all but tail lites.
    NOAGGE likes this.
    Save the wave

A bold design, so gorgeous, especially from the front and sides. The rear will take some getting used to, but all good design looks a bit jarring to the senses when it is fresh? Elegant in the front and a bit heavy in the backend. The mini sail panels and the tails lights evoke the Camaro. Overall, the whole package is worthy of the Stingray name!

What do you think of the rev match? Is that welcomed or an impeachment of the perceived (lack) of driving skill?
    Last edited by mrhtwls; 01-13-13 at 06:33 PM.

Corvette(s)
    1968 Convt, 1990 Convt

Default Love it...

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT..... There is nothing more to say.
    Dawn
    2 Corvettes, 3 Camaros (89 IROC Convt; 76 Dragcar; 71 RS), 2 Trucks (68 Shortbed & Dually), 66 Corvair, & ZX6R Kawasaki Ninja!!
    Chevyaddict to the core!

Corvette(s)
    1968 Convt, 1990 Convt

Quote Originally Posted by mrhtwls View Post
    What do you think of the rev match? Is that welcomed or an impeachment of the perceived (lack) of driving skill?
    I am such an old schooler I have to say I am not for it.... I really don't want a car thinking much on its own. But, I'm also not driving anything newer (except my ZX6R) than my 90 so.... you have to take my opinion with a grain of salt. Personally, I could do without this addition.
    Dawn
    2 Corvettes, 3 Camaros (89 IROC Convt; 76 Dragcar; 71 RS), 2 Trucks (68 Shortbed & Dually), 66 Corvair, & ZX6R Kawasaki Ninja!!
    Chevyaddict to the core!

Corvette(s)
    2001 Magnetic Red Coupe

It's darn sure a break from the C6. I want to see one "in the flesh" to gather it all in. I'm kind of liking the rear fascia.....yes Camaroish taillights, and the profile reminds me of Ferrari. Still haven't got a good look at the interior, but what I saw was nice.

Overall, I like it...a lot.

2001 Magnetic Red
    / Custom Light Oak/Mag Red interior

2005 CruiseFest Attendee (Bowling Green, KY)
    2007 CruiseFest Attendee (Colorado Springs, CO)
    2008 CruiseFest Attendee (Cleveland, OH)

2010 Cruisefest Attendee(Effingham, IL)
    2011 CruiseFest Attendee(Effingham, IL)

Visit the members GuestMap and show us where you live.

http://www.mapservices.org/myguestmap/map/TomBachman

link to thread
    http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/...c-members.html

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

Well…I was in a room with three other people, watching the C7 reveal on a big plasma connected to my MacBook which was streaming it live.

I didn't say jack s&%t. I just watched the TV and listened to those watching with me, one of whom is a Corvette owner and two others who are familar with the car. The first, gut reaction by all three was that the car "….looks like a Camaro".

That's, NOT GOOD. Ed Welburn....are you listening?

The other issue that really drew a strong reaction was GM's using the "Stingray" name. They all liked that idea a lot!

Ok. Got that out of the way. Now, what do I think? Well...I've said previously here on the CAC that the rear quarter windows and the rectangular tail lights are both mistakes.

But, I'm totally behind how the rest of the car looks. Front, front 3/4ths, side (except those Nissan Z windows) 3/4-ths rear and rear (except the Camaro-esque tail lamps) are really cool.

I especially like the hood vent, now that I know they're functional--the rear quarter vents and the four exhausts all in a row.

Not sure about the interior until I sit in one and drive it, but I'd sure like to know if the new "track" seat fits in a C6.

The seven speed manual transmission sounds interesting. Wish they'd have said more about it. I'm sure there's tons of info in the official press kit, but they don't pass that stuff out to the C-list press folks like me.

Lastly, I thought the production of the reveal was pretty cool. First time I've ever seen Juechter in a coat and tie.

Let's hope people line up to order Corvette Stingrays.
    Last edited by Hib Halverson; 01-14-13 at 12:05 PM.
    NOAGGE likes this.

Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51

Quote Originally Posted by DrNavyRet View Post
    I cannot believe that with all the innovations mechanically, interior and carbon fiber that the designers built an ugly Corvette. Quarter windows? tail lights? headlamps? roof line? Maybe it's just me and my SR Citizen mental status. At the end of the day, I just saved a bundle 'cause I'm not going to order a C7 and will keep my beautiful C5
    vert.
    My sentiments exactly!
    Not my cup of tea at all!
    Andy
    Andy Anderson - PROUD VIETNAM VETERAN.

Vietnam Veterans Corvette Club - Founding Member #1

"Dream as if you'll live forever...........Live as though you'll die today" - James Dean

"Money isn't everything.........but it SURE DOES keep the kids in touch!"

Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson View Post
    Well…I was in a room with three other people, watching the C7 reveal on a big plasma connected to my MacBook which was streaming it live.

I didn't say jack s&%t. I just watched the TV and listened to those watching with me, one of whom is a Corvette owner and two others who are familar with the car. The first, gut reaction by all three was that the car "….looks like a Camaro".

That's, NOT GOOD. Ed Welburn, Tom Peters....are you guys listening?
    Exactly.....a 2 seat Camaro!
    Andy
    Andy Anderson - PROUD VIETNAM VETERAN.

Vietnam Veterans Corvette Club - Founding Member #1

"Dream as if you'll live forever...........Live as though you'll die today" - James Dean

"Money isn't everything.........but it SURE DOES keep the kids in touch!"

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver

I remember being stunned by the C2 when I was but a young lad......the C3 not so much just because I loved the Stingrays so much......the C4 I hated...the C5 I was ok with but not wild.....the C6 I loved the minute I saw it and wanted one.......the C7.....the C7.....I haven't decided until I can sit in one and mess with the shifter.....I do know as time went by I owned each of those Generations and loved each one of them so I'm thinking the same will be true of the C7.....sorry but I didn't like the black wheels.....I'm a chrome dinasour....

Tom
    Corvette(s)
    04Torch Red Coupe 65 Silver Pearl Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by GS Diva View Post
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!

Elaine
    Me too!!
    [img][/img]

Corvette(s)
    '96 GSc, '67 L68r, '78 L82, '70 L48c, '70 LT-1c

I disliked almost all of the pre-reveal renderings, but most of them looked a lot better than this car. Yuk...

Use of the Stingray name on this car is a travesty. The design of the original Corvette Stingray was inspired by an exotic, beautiful sea creature. The design of this car was inspired by the Camaro and several other cars. The front and rear are both ugly and, overall, it's way too busy. Speed Racer would like this car. He's welcome to it...

And Huskerman, you're absolutely right: black wheels are nasty. They're the only thing I dislike on my C4 GS.
    Last edited by 1analguy; 01-13-13 at 07:45 PM.
    ____
    Bob

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast