Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2014 C7 Corvette from Car and Driver

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Default 2014 C7 Corvette from Car and Driver

So below is an artist's depiction of the 2014 C7 Corvette that is in the current issue of Car and Driver magazine being shipped to subscribers right now.

What do you think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails original.jpg  
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Corvette(s)
    2010 Grand Sport Coupe Z16 Blade Silver

I like it. It is a continuation of what the C5 started and the C6 continued. If it ain't broke don't fix it......C&D is saying all the body panels will be carbon fiber which is cool. 8A or 7M.....same rear tranny configuration. Splendor interior of course with new cool seats and Michilins will replace the Goodyears finally........I think its going to be real impresive with the LT1 power...........oh yeah, the taillights are not round....

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.

The front of it looks good, like a Ferrari. Still not a fan of the Camaro styled tail lights that Car and Driver showed in the magazine.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    Stingray

We'll see when the real deal leaks.
    Bob Chadwick likes this.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    too many

Quote Originally Posted by catbert View Post
    We'll see when the real deal leaks.
    You may be looking at it.....

Corvette(s)
    1999 Torch Red Coupe

The fender cove reminds me of the GT-R
    License plate on the front is going to look real out of place.

Corvette(s)
    72 LT-1 conv w/fact air

Viper front, GTR side, and Camaro rear.....according to the rendering.

Corvette(s)
    2014 Corvette Convertible

Overall, I like it.

The fuel door looks goofy. It will not be easy to hold the nozzle in that position.

I hope the dimple above the splitter is a curb sensor.
    1-13-13

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Corvette(s)
    1989 Black coupe

It's great except the Camaro tail lights!
    Hotrodbob
    Anyone can restore a car, but it takes a real hotrodder to cut one up and make it cool..

Corvette(s)
    2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter

Like the front in the pictures but I'm waiting to see the actual car before I vote!

For all things Corvette visit the newest site on the internet www.corvetted.com

Corvette(s)
    '96 GSc, '67 L68r, '78 L82, '70 L48c, '70 LT-1c

It's so bad that I'm not even noticing the Camaro taillights. And, if even the base model is going to be stuck with that ugly, zoomy hood lump, then it should at least have a supercharger as an excuse. Sorry to come off so sour on this car, but in view of the pleasantly aggressive elegance of the C6, I was hoping that GM styling had finally turned a corner, grown up, and developed a more refined aesthetic regarding Corvette styling. I hoped they would merely extend and massage the C6 design language for the C7. Instead, they've reverted to the junior-high grade aesthetic of "the-more-the-merrier" regarding edges, angles, scoops, vents, bumps, etc., that they embraced back on the C2s and C3s. Those excesses can be forgiven because they were a product of their times, but we're supposed to know better than that now. When I was 13, I would have been over the moon on this car. Maybe I just got old, but I think that what I really got was "taste"...and this car just ain't to mine. It looks like they hired Anime artists to design it for them. I think I'm going to throw up...
    Last edited by 1analguy; 12-26-12 at 06:11 PM.
    ____
    Bob

Corvette(s)
    2012 GS Vert 2000 C5 FRC Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 1analguy View Post
    It's so bad that I'm not even noticing the Camaro taillights. And, if even the base model is going to be stuck with that ugly, zoomy hood lump, then it should at least have a supercharger as an excuse. Sorry to come off so sour on this car, but in view of the pleasantly aggressive elegance of the C6, I was hoping that GM styling had finally turned a corner, grown up, and developed a more refined esthetic regarding Corvette styling. I hoped they would merely extend and massage the C6 design language for the C7. Instead, they've reverted to the junior-high grade esthetic of "the-more-the-merrier" regarding edges, angles, scoops, vents, bumps, etc., that they embraced back on the C2s and C3s. Those excesses can be forgiven because they were a product of their times, but we're supposed to know better than that now. When I was 13, I would have been over the moon on this car. Maybe I just got old, but I think that what I really got was "taste"...and this car just ain't to mine. It looks like they hired Anime artists to design it for them. I think I'm going to throw up...

OMG I was just getting ready to post that the design is so good that I'm not even noticing the Camaro tail lights! Then I read analguy's post and I'm feelin' kinda confused! I too am retired and up until now i always thought I had good taste (if at times it tended a little to the the extreme) . I outgrew my Trans Ams with the Birds on the hood but never stooped to the poor taste of the black and gold Bandit edition. Owned a lot of Porsches, not sure that says anything about taste and also a lot of Corvettes. Never owned a C3 but owned the C4 C5 and C6. Always wanted a C2 67'427/435 and I always thought it was beautiful. Classy and tasteful. Think overall the C5FRC is the best looking Vette of all time - that probably says something about my taste. But after seeing the C&D rendition of the C7 I thought immediately of the 67. Not sure why, maybe the angles, but I think it is great looking (except for the rear) and I think I could get past that. Of course I still need to try and use good judgement and not leap in too soon. But I'm getting closer if the C&D rendition is anything like the real car. But now I am questioning my taste! God, I'm 62 and to think that in all those years when I thought my taste was improving analguy has made me "see the light". I'm calling my analyst for an appointment! But one last thought for analguy - "Did you ever wonder if this is as good as it gets???"

For all things Corvette visit the newest site on the internet www.corvetted.com

Corvette(s)
    2014 Corvette Convertible

Good question Dadman - "Did you ever wonder if this is as good as it gets???"

Because if they could do better - why don't they?
    Tuna likes this.

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Corvette(s)
    Stingray

It's hard for me to emotionally involved with an artists concept. I just don't see the hard/fast opinions, one way or another. I figure that we will have seven years to bitch about the design if it is truly bad - after the middle of January. I don't need a head start on a seven year trip.
    Evolution1980 likes this.
    There are times for thinking, and times for acting, but the art is in the balance

CruiseFest 2005
    CruiseFest 2006
    CruiseFest 2007
    CruiseFestivus 2009
    CruiseFest 2010
    CruiseFest 2011

CruiseFest 2012

Corvette(s)
    '96 GSc, '67 L68r, '78 L82, '70 L48c, '70 LT-1c

My "terrible" is someone else's "terrific"...I get that. I'm not trying to convert anybody here, I'm just sharing my impressions of the currently proffered C7 renderings. If you love what you've seen, I'm happy for you. There's no right or wrong here...it's completely subjective. All I'm saying is that, so far, I'm disgusted by what I've seen. To me, the C4 and C6 seem to be the only Corvettes that have been designed by adults for adults...and this rendering of the C7 is just a tragic back-slide to those zoomy, glitzy fan-boy designs of the 60s and 70s. By the way, my first Corvette was a '70 LT-1 coupe and I loved the way it looked, but I was only 21 at the time. By the time the C4 came out I had lost all of my enthusiasm for the C3s, and had never really cared for the C2s to begin with. In the last ten or so years I've come to appreciate both the C2s and C3s for their historical significance, but this is still tempered by the knowledge that they were poorer cars because of their styling. Zora himself once said, when commenting on the C2's racing performance, that it was really just a "bad airplane". The body design produced so much aerodynamic lift at high speed that it could barely be controlled. Fortunately, it also produced so much aerodynamic drag that it couldn't quite go fast enough to completely lose control. The C3s were better, but not by much. Both designs were the result of purely cosmetic considerations. This C7 just smacks of that same design attitude, though I'm sure it performs quite well in the wind tunnel. The engineers wouldn't allow the stylists to take over again so completely, would they?

Say, the OP was asking "what do you think?"...have I overdone it again?
    Last edited by 1analguy; 12-08-12 at 02:35 AM.
    ____
    Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast