Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2006 DSOM Z06, 2007 Black ZZR, 1968 Charger RT 440

Default 4 seat Corvette!

My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.
    Gersh
    I think, therefore I am
    --Rene Descartes
    I am, therefore I think
    --Gersh Lundberg

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
    My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

Gersh
    No.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)
    1978, 2007, CTS-V

Ditto the CTS-V. You will likeit more each day. Just replace the Goodyears with a better rain tire like the DSG and have a ball.

Corvette(s)
    2002 M.Y. convertible

I remember in some corvette mamgazine, or somewhere, there was a company in L.A. that made back seats to slip in to mid years. That was years ago, but the thread reminded me of it.
    A Proud U.S. Navy Veteran

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

GM made one 4 seater midyear as a prototype. Maybe you can talk the General out of it.
    Save the Wave!

Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51

Gersh
    Don't know about a 4 seat Vette, but the first title I got from Florida for my 2000 Coupe showed it as a 4 door ! Xeroxed the title, sent the original back, and they corrected it. Cool conversation piece.
    Andy

Corvette(s)
    2006 DSOM Z06, 2007 Black ZZR, 1968 Charger RT 440

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!
    Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06.
    Also, I (with my wife) already have two Corvettes, a minivan, two pickups, a '68 Charger which I restored, a '66 SS Chevelle I'm working on, and a street bike. Also two dirt bikes, three 4-wheelers, one go-cart, a riding lawnmower and three farm tractors. And a Powered Parachute. I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06. .........
    I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...
    I don't think extra belts in a Vette is possible. I did see a couple of kids riding in the back of a C5 Z06 the other day. They were sitting sideways in the trunk - it was during a parade, of course; no belts but they had nice pillows.

If you were to take a test drive in the CTS-V you might change your mind about Cadillacs. My "V" has the LS6 motor and newer "V's" have the LS2 motor. They are 6-speed manuals only and have 3.73 gears. Definitely not as quick as a Z06 but they move out pretty good for a car that weights ~3700#.

Good luck with your 4-seat Vette search.

Corvette(s)
    1978, 2007, CTS-V

If you really want a view of the CTS-V world go to their forum. For the small number sold in comparison to C6s their are usually 50-75 on at any time to maybe 15 on our site. They also are not shy about mods to their Vs. http://www.cadillacforums.com/index.php

Default Look around

As long as you have the money,,, you can install an extra two seats n the back if your vett is a hatchback. Just make sure you install seatbelts. MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND!
    My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering... Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there??? I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.Gersh