Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 12-13-10, 09:31 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
- Langhorne, PA
- 2007 Convertible
Installing aftermarket radio in 2007 corvette conv with HUD and navigation
I'm considering updating my current radio/navigation with the new Sony XNV-770BT. I'm trying to determine if I will lose my HUD capabilities completely or just current navigation commands. I've talked to Crutchfield and they don't know and Sony wasn't sure. Help and how wire. thx
- 12-22-10, 10:27 AM #2
I put a Pioneer 920 Navigation system in my 08. I've got HUD and the only thing I lost was notification of channel changes. Don't miss them at all.
- 01-14-11, 07:03 PM #3
- Join Date
- Dec 2003
- Costa Mesa, CA
- 2002 Z06, 2009 ZR1
You won't get Nav on the HUD either. I put the Kenwood DNX 6140 in my 2009 ZR1 that I had in my wifes 2002 coupe. Just had to add the interface module for the Bose and another for steering wheel controls.
The Garmin GPS engine is night and day to the Denso GM unit, best thing I ever did. Doesn't hurt that you can have XM or Sirius lifetime subscriptions that you can move from car to car with aftermarket radio.
- By Tobben in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 17Last Post: 03-03-10, 10:59 AM
- By norwegianvette in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 09-06-08, 03:20 PM
- By gonetobama13 in forum C5 General DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 11-29-06, 10:48 AM
- By tigernut in forum C1/C2 Parts For Sale / WantedReplies: 0Last Post: 02-05-05, 03:19 PM
- By grumpyvette in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 17Last Post: 08-19-04, 01:13 PM