Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Convertible

Default Installing aftermarket radio in 2007 corvette conv with HUD and navigation

I'm considering updating my current radio/navigation with the new Sony XNV-770BT. I'm trying to determine if I will lose my HUD capabilities completely or just current navigation commands. I've talked to Crutchfield and they don't know and Sony wasn't sure. Help and how wire. thx

Corvette(s)
    2008 Black Coupe

I put a Pioneer 920 Navigation system in my 08. I've got HUD and the only thing I lost was notification of channel changes. Don't miss them at all.

Corvette(s)
    2002 Z06, 2009 ZR1

You won't get Nav on the HUD either. I put the Kenwood DNX 6140 in my 2009 ZR1 that I had in my wifes 2002 coupe. Just had to add the interface module for the Bose and another for steering wheel controls.

The Garmin GPS engine is night and day to the Denso GM unit, best thing I ever did. Doesn't hurt that you can have XM or Sirius lifetime subscriptions that you can move from car to car with aftermarket radio.