Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: tire preasures

bign06

Default tire preasures

i have a question about tire preasures. usually tires air run any where from 34-37 psi. but on my tires they say max preasure 44 psi. now recomended preasure on my door panel show 30 psi.
    is this to low? are these tires made to run that low? i have low profile tires on my harley and the require to run them at max preasure, because they are softer tires. are these tires softer and wear fast or what? any help here would be appreciated.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Convertible

The PSI on any tire is the MAX and not to be exceeded not the recommended tire PSI. The door sticker PSI is what you need to stay with. As for your Harley check the frame for a sticker or owners manual.

Similar Threads

1. will the fullsize tire fit in the spare tire holder?
    By topless82vette in forum C3 General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-12-08, 11:00 AM
  2. Discount tire direct Vs Tire Rack
    By soggytaco in forum General Automotive Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-25-06, 09:35 PM
  3. Spare tire carrier and tire!!
    By tls630 in forum C4 Parts For Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-06, 12:03 PM
  4. Tire Pressure VS tire wear