Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: clicking sound

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

Default clicking sound

hi, i have owned my 08 z51 m6 for 2 months now and for the first time today i herd a clicking sound from in side the car when ever i push the brake peddel it sounds like some type of switch is this normal? thanks kraz

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

hi, again i forgot to say the clicking sound happens when i am driving

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe, NCM Lifetime Member

Does the clicking sound like it originates from the front of passenger footwell?

If so, it's likely the same clicking that I have in my 2007. Other threads have identified it as a relay closing when we step on the brake and the brake lights are activated.

This clicking is one of those so-called normal things.

Since it has been identified as normal, I usually only hear it when I start up in the quiet of my garage.

Once I drive away I enjoy my C6 so much that I fail to hear the clicks. That's how they get away calling it "normal".

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

hi yes i have the same clicking sound as you do all c6 vettes have that clicking ? did you get it looked at by the dealer? thanks kraz

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe, NCM Lifetime Member

I don't know if all, or even most C6s have the clicking. After owning several Corvettes, I have trained myself to expect rattles, squeaks, parts that break, and noises.

I am very pleased with this C6 in most ways because it has no rattles, or squeaks, and only minor things have been defective... so far. I try to overlook the clicking and enjoy the car.

No, I haven't asked a dealer about it since I only hear it when I start a drive or sometimes at a stop light.

Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by kraz View Post
    hi, i have owned my 08 z51 m6 for 2 months now and for the first time today i herd a clicking sound from in side the car when ever i push the brake peddel it sounds like some type of switch is this normal? thanks kraz
    Yes. This is normal. It is coming from pasenger footwell area and is relay. My '09 did it and now my '10 does it.

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

hi thank you for telling me that i feel alot better kraz