Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: rear end clunk

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

Default rear end clunk

hi everyone, my 08 manual z51 has a clunking sound comming from the rear end when short shifting or at slow speed shifting has anyone had this ? what is the fix? thanks kraz

Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Silver/Ebony Coupe

There is a TSB about rear differential. Dealer changed the fluid on my '06 with the new spec and all is well.

Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by kraz View Post
    hi everyone, my 08 manual z51 has a clunking sound comming from the rear end when short shifting or at slow speed shifting has anyone had this ? what is the fix? thanks kraz

From what I have read there is a Technical Service Bulletin for the dealer to change fluid in diff. (I didn't know it affected '08's though) From what I have read this will fix the problem....best luck

Corvette(s)
    2005 Coupe MN6

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I have the same problem with my 2005. I can only avoid it if I reaaaaaaally baby the clutch.

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

Default clunck

Quote Originally Posted by shawing66 View Post
    Did you ever get this problem resolved? I have the same problem with my 2005. I can only avoid it if I reaaaaaaally baby the clutch.
    hi shawing 66 the draler replaced my diff fluid 2x and that did the trick i hope this will help you kraz