Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: Top Recall

Default Top Recall

I took my '05 to the dealer last week for the recall of the targa top. Does the recall only apply to the painted top or both glass and painted? I have the dual top option and the dealer said only the painted top was affected by the separation. Just wanting to confirm. Thanks

Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by wewhit View Post
    I took my '05 to the dealer last week for the recall of the targa top. Does the recall only apply to the painted top or both glass and painted? I have the dual top option and the dealer said only the painted top was affected by the separation. Just wanting to confirm. Thanks

I think if you look around on this site you can find NTSC recall notices as well as GM notices. I know my '09 ragtop had a recall on it....I had bought my car about 150 mi from where I live, so when I took it for it's first service at the dealership near me when they input the VIN they told me they had to order some kinda retainer due to possible premature separation. He told me then he thought it was only targa tops. As well, I have not heard of any other ragtops being recalled, only targa's. (so I would assume both tops)