Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2005 C-6 Prestige Red Coupe

Default Front Turn Signals Overheating

My front turn signals are both overheating and shutting down. I then have to take them out of their sockets which look like they are about to melt, clean it up and put them back in again. They will work fine for a couple of weeks and the same happens all over again. Replaced the wiring harness on the right side and seems to be working fine for now (expensive repair though). Then the left side started doing it. The bulb does not burn out, the socket gets too hot and it simply shuts down. Only have 20k miles on it. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Have a Great Ride,

RVDECHI

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

I've heard of this before, where the socket melts in the C6. I believe there is an LED light system for these. They should run cooler. Or, maybe a bulb with less wattage...

Corvette(s)
    2005 C-6 Prestige Red Coupe

thanks,
    Have a Great Ride,

RVDECHI