Results 1 to 4 of 4
- 04-19-10, 09:25 PM #1
- Join Date
- Mar 2010
- 2006 Corvette Convertible
Correct tire pressure for 2006 c6 runflats
Can anyone tell me the correct tire pressure for my stock runflats on a 2006 c6?
- 04-20-10, 11:48 AM #2
Look for the factory decal on the doorjamb or under the hood. I keep mine at 30 pounds cold.
- 04-20-10, 06:05 PM #3
30psi is factory spec. On my first set of tires I kept mine at 30 but when I had to get new ones I noticed the centers were worn more than the outsides indicating over-pressure. I have used 28psi cold since replacing my tires and have had even wear across the tire.
- 04-20-10, 06:16 PM #4
- Join Date
- Sep 2006
- 2006 C6Z DSOM
Since "cold" is subjective, I use 60F as cold. Let's face it, "Cold" means 2 different temperatures. In Dubai "cold" an be over 100F and Winnipeg can "cold" if only < 0F.
I don't know what the difference is in 100F separation, but I've seen my tires "grow" from 30PSI to 38PSI in a half hour. When they "cool" they return to 30PSI. I live where the temperature doesn't change much also. Take today for example: from day to night, the change is 6 degrees F.
- By Hib Halverson in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 27Last Post: 07-14-05, 02:44 PM
- By Ed02 in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 12-04-03, 02:31 PM
- By Hib Halverson in forum C4 Corvette ZR-1Replies: 15Last Post: 10-21-03, 08:00 AM
- By Hib Halverson in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 09-29-02, 11:08 AM
- By rojo_atlanta in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 03-17-02, 05:03 PM