Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: 1-4

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

Default 1-4

hi every one, i just picked up a 08 yellow coupe with 9450mi the owners man. sez. when going slow in first gear the 1-4 skip shift light should come on but mine does not what do you think? did the preveious owner eliminate it? if so how can i tell ? thanks kraz

Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

The owners manual should explain the perameters that CAGS engages.

Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

You did not mention if you met the conditions for the lock-out to happen. If you did, then I'm not sure, you may have installed CAGs over-ride. They are simple 'plug-n-play' devices.

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

Jack the back up and see if a skip-shift eliminator device has been wired into the harness leading to the skip shift solenoid.

As for the skip-shift function, it's actually pretty non-intrusive. I believe the owner's manual describes under what conditions it enables and you need to drive the car in just that manner to test for its function.

Corvette(s)
    1993 red 08 yellow z51

thanks it works i wasnt driving slow enuf for it to come on kraz

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow

Something to keep in mind -- even if there is a skip-shift eliminator installed and the car meets the parameters for skip-shift to activate, the indicator in the dash will light up though you will be able to shift to 2nd and not be forced to shift to 4th.
    Randy Smith, Kokomo, Indiana
    Velocity Yellow 2006 6sp, Z51

Corvette(s)
    2012 Carlisle Blue Grand Sport

If the car was aftermarket tuned, the skipshift could have been eliminated.