Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

Default Mild to Wild Exhaust Controller for C6 '08- NPP/Z06/ZR1

FedEx delivered my Mild to Wild Exhaust contoller today. I plan to install it on my Vette which is a C6 w/NPP (dual-mode performance) exhaust option. I was reading the install instructions and (the instructions) offer a alternate method for hooking up the controller. The rationale behind the alternate method is for power drain. It left me wondering if these 'Mild 2 Wild' exhaust controllers cause battery drain?? Will these controllers cause the battery in my Vette to drain more rapidly when not started for periods longer than two weeks? I do not have any experience with these exhaust controllers. Seems simple enough and says I can program the remote with my gate opener in my Vette. Hope thats true. Anyone out there w/experience with Mild 2 Wild exhaust controllers???? Thanks

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

I have one built by GM Junkie for my 08 .Doesn't seem to draw any power.

Corvette(s)
    2008 Crystal Red Metallic Coupe

I installed mine the no drain way, there are enough things on the car to help drain the battery already.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

I've had one on my 08 almost since it was new. I installed it such that the exhaust always starts in the "loud" mode. I've never had any problem with it.
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I've had one on my 08 almost since it was new. I installed it such that the exhaust always starts in the "loud" mode. I've never had any problem with it.

Thanks guys. I will install this afternoon and in the alternate method which is when I start the car it (exhaust controller) will be on (always on it says) making it 'opposite', push to quiet the exhaust....I'm wondering when I turn the car off with the exhaust 'quiet', will the exhaust be loud when I re-start the car (in quiet mode when I kill the kill the car)???? Tim

Corvette(s)
    2009 Black-on-Black Z06 ("The Vicious Z")

Sounds like I have mine installed the same way you plan to install yours. If yours works like mine, even if I turn the car off with the exhaust in "quiet" mode it starts back up in loud mode. The wife says it shakes the whole house when I start it in the garage.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Quote Originally Posted by orange09Ntexas View Post
    I'm wondering when I turn the car off with the exhaust 'quiet', will the exhaust be loud when I re-start the car (in quiet mode when I kill the kill the car)???? Tim
    If you're using the 'alternate' mode where it is 'loud' on start, everytime you start the car, it will be in the "loud" mode no matter what mode it was in when you shut it off. My wife says it rattles the pictures on the wall in the living room which is right next to the garage.

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    If you're using the 'alternate' mode where it is 'loud' on start, everytime you start the car, it will be in the "loud" mode no matter what mode it was in when you shut it off. My wife says it rattles the pictures on the wall in the living room which is right next to the garage.
    Really!!....I sure hope so........events w/elderly extended family members came up this weekend so I did not get to install yet...well, I did try yesterday evening before dark. The instructions (for front license plate holder) says to jack-up the car for easy access to front fascia area.....I got a ticket by Texas Highway Patrol for not displaying a front license plate a couple weeks ago....I'm furious w/the Chevy dealership (Lynn Smith Chevorlet) in Burleson, Texas (next to Ft Worth). I asked them when I bought my Vette if I needed a front license plate holder because I had noticed the front w/no place to mount a tag. The dealership told me that displaying front license plates in Texas was now optional (NOT!!). I did manage to get a copy of my Vette's order sheet and it states the car WAS shipped w/front license plate holder. Well, I've been driving it since Aug '09 w/out front tag and it caught up with me.....I bugged the saleswoman to send me the front license plate frame but she never did (after promising me she would three different times). It's over 200 miles round trip for me to drive there so I gave up on the dealer and ordered one....cost me the ticket plus 135.00 for the (removeable-no drill) front frame. So, I was going to install it at the same time I installed exhaust controller and easy access emergency battery cables (accessible from underneath pass side behind/inside front tire). When I attempted to get started yesterday evening I found out that my floor jack (low approach? jack) will not work w/my Vette. It won't reach underneath far enough to get to the lift points for the front. I went to WalMart and bought a scissor jack. Hopefully it will be low enough to get under the car. I would love to have a floor jack that will work w/C6 Vette. Any suggestions where I can go get one??? Paying shipping for that sorta thing....would really push the price up...being it's probably heavy....

I wonder who I can complain to about this dealership doing that. It sounds petty I guess, but dang, sure don't like visits w/lawman....always seems to cost me money....It wouldn't be so bad-had I NOT asked about it at the time of sale. I suppose I wanted to believe them about the their lie (not having to display front tag). I didn't want a tag in the front cause it don't look good, but thats Texas......hopefully, I will get in in enough time today to get the job done.....I sure would like to have a floor jack that works w/C6 Vettes.....have a great day....Tim

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by orange09Ntexas View Post
    FedEx delivered my Mild to Wild Exhaust contoller today. I plan to install it on my Vette which is a C6 w/NPP (dual-mode performance) exhaust option. I was reading the install instructions and (the instructions) offer a alternate method for hooking up the controller. The rationale behind the alternate method is for power drain. It left me wondering if these 'Mild 2 Wild' exhaust controllers cause battery drain?? Will these controllers cause the battery in my Vette to drain more rapidly when not started for periods longer than two weeks? I do not have any experience with these exhaust controllers. Seems simple enough and says I can program the remote with my gate opener in my Vette. Hope thats true. Anyone out there w/experience with Mild 2 Wild exhaust controllers???? Thanks
    Got it done in the reverse method.....sounds great....finally sounds good when I crank it....does vibrate stuff on the shelves in the shop....sooo cool....thanks for responses guys....Have not driven it yet....will drive it tomorrow to work...

Corvette(s)
    2009 Black-on-Black Z06 ("The Vicious Z")

Drive it like ya stole it!

Corvette(s)
    2009 Crystal Red Metalic

I have a floor jack, and have no problem getting it under the front of my Corvette. But I drive the front wheels up on 2x8's first. Then there is plenty of room to get the floor jack under the car. Give that a try, and take the sissor jack back! And as to showing the front plate, here's a trick that works in WA state. Make a color xerox copy of your front plate, laminate it in plastic, and attatch it to the passenger visor. Then just lower the passenger visor when you think you need to show it, and you are good to go. I don't know if that meets the requirements in Texas, but check it out.

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by altonloe View Post
    I have a floor jack, and have no problem getting it under the front of my Corvette. But I drive the front wheels up on 2x8's first. Then there is plenty of room to get the floor jack under the car. Give that a try, and take the sissor jack back! And as to showing the front plate, here's a trick that works in WA state. Make a color xerox copy of your front plate, laminate it in plastic, and attatch it to the passenger visor. Then just lower the passenger visor when you think you need to show it, and you are good to go. I don't know if that meets the requirements in Texas, but check it out.
    Dude....where have you been....those are BOTH GREAT IDEAS ...I did not think to do that with (jack) or plate...I have got the hanger...for front. Supposed to be removeable, but after reading the install instructions I can only remove the 'plate holder', the frame part that holds the plate holder is bolted on along with fascia...I have to remove fascia bolts and replace with longer ones as to allow the frame. Thanks allot for the ideas....I know the one will work, and I will try the other. Thanks again...so simple, why didn't I think of that!!