Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: First Year Concerns?
- 01-26-10, 09:44 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- 2000 Torch Red Coupe
First Year Concerns?
I am considering moving from my 2000 C5 to a 2005. Are there any first year concerns I should know about for the 2005 C6?
2000 Torch Red Coupe
- 01-27-10, 06:33 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2001
- New Haven, Ct. USA
- Nope, but someday.
Yes, there were.
First, the front balancers would loosen so make sure that the recall, if applicable, was done to your vehicle.
Second, there are a number of programming upgrades for battery drain conditions, so make sure the latest calibration programs are uploaded for the PCM< BCM<RCDLR.
Third, groaning/jumping during tight turns is a problem until the differential fluid is changed to the updated part number 88862624.
Fourth, the removable tops have made noise and there is multiple bulletin fixes to get them quiet.
Those are the big ones.
Make sure you have a genuine Corvette specialist look it over top to bottom.
- By Mike Terry in forum C1/C2 Parts For Sale / WantedReplies: 5Last Post: 04-10-10, 07:20 AM
- By 6 Shooter in forum GM & Auto Industry NewsReplies: 10Last Post: 12-05-09, 10:22 AM
- By Ken in forum C6 Z06 DiscussionReplies: 12Last Post: 05-16-05, 09:20 PM
- By noel in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 03-20-05, 09:42 PM
- By Ken in forum Autocrossing and MotorsportsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-16-05, 03:08 PM