Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible

Default Corsa versus Magnaflow and opinion on Cray Wheels

I am looking to make a couple modifications to my C6 Convertible. I am looking at replacing the exhaust system for a little more bite, can someone tell me the difference between MagnaFlow and Corsa?
    I like the sound of both and the MagnaFlow is significantly cheaper, however, i am going by sound clips on web sites. I am looking for some personal experience. Also, I am looking to add some after market wheels. I am looking at Cray Scorpion which look awewsome. Has anyone had experience with Cray and is this a good choice.????
    Thanks,
    Dolce

Mike Dolceamore
    Kennett Square, PA
    Dolce

Corvette(s)
    08 Atomic orange, Z-51, 6 speed

I put the Corsa Sport system on mine and I love it. Idles nice and cruises quietly. Get into it and it sounds great. I also put a Callaway cold air induction as well. It breathes fine.
    If you can get the use of a lift the exhaust system is a breeze to install yourself.

Corvette(s)
    1990 Green 6 spd Coupe

I have had a lot to say about magnaflow( lower case intentional) both here and on dee cee..... search for the post.... I have to keep my head down these days about them!
    Charlie

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow

I can't speak to the magnaflows but I do have Corsa Sports on my car and I like them. However, I wish I would have waited about 6 months to get the Corsa Extremes. The Sports just aren't quite the right sound at WOT as compared to the Corsa Pace Car exhaust I had on my C5.

The Corsas have no drone at highway speeds either. That is an issue with some other types of ehxaust.

If you can I would suggest finding other Vette owners who have those types installed and see if they will take you for a spin. That is the best way to compare.
    Randy Smith, Kokomo, Indiana
    Velocity Yellow 2006 6sp, Z51

Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible

Thanks for the information. I have been thinking Corsa, however, I may introduce the BB Fusion with the Mild to Wild switch into the equation. I will be attending a local Toys for Tots run next weekend with Kerbeck Corvette in Alantic City, New Jersey.
    There is supposed to be a 1000 vettes participating. Perhaps this is the best venue to check out the different exhaust systems that people have installed.
    Thanks again for the reply's.

Corvette(s)
    2010 ZR1

I've been completely satisfied with Corsa on several C5 Vettes, and on 3 different C6 Z06. Will install them on the ZR1 next.
    Zippy
    2010 Blade Silver ZR1
    NCM Master Ambassador & Lifetime Member
    Join the NCM, 1.800.53.VETTE

Corvette(s)
    2007 BLK/BLK Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    I am looking to make a couple modifications to my C6 Convertible. I am looking at replacing the exhaust system for a little more bite, can someone tell me the difference between MagnaFlow and Corsa?
    I like the sound of both and the MagnaFlow is significantly cheaper, however, i am going by sound clips on web sites. I am looking for some personal experience. Also, I am looking to add some after market wheels. I am looking at Cray Scorpion which look awewsome. Has anyone had experience with Cray and is this a good choice.????
    Thanks,
    Dolce
    I installed the corsa pace car system on my 04 coupe and loved it. Great sound and extremely high quality workmanship. I installed a corsa on my 07 Z06 today. The sound was again great with no drone, however I was very disappointed with the quality of workmanship. Uneven welds, splatter welds and a dent in one of the mufflers. I would have sent them back but I had already removed the stock system and had to cut one pipe to get it out before I noticed the problems. Because I only had a lift available for a few hours I was commited to put them on. For 1600 bucks I guess I expected more