Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1963 Black/red Z06;2010 Blade Silver ZR1

Default 2008 NAV Question

Okay, going to be driving from Balmer, MD area to Twin Cities, MN - how in the hell does one go about showing entire route, when MN is not on the Eastern CD!?

Do I need to "magically" switch DVDs somewhere in my travel or how the heck do I do this?
    1963 Z06 black/red "LADY"
    2010 ZR1 silver/black "MARIAH"

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

I don't know ,my 12 year old grandson finally after 6 mons. got the audio to work on mine.I wish GM had at lease consulted with Garmin .

So I would be willing to lend you my grandson or the Garmin I carry

Corvette(s)

yepper - am thinking just to plug my old Garmin into the "cigarette lighter receptacle"

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by c5vetter View Post
    yepper - am thinking just to plug my old Garmin into the "cigarette lighter receptacle"
    Which kida sucks considering the cost of GM's vs Garmin .

Maybe we could all get together at some mutual point and have the kid that designed it explain what he had in mind.Say a two week seminar

I'm sure i'll get mine figured out the week before I sell it.

Corvette(s)
    2006 Black convertible

Quote Originally Posted by c5vetter View Post
    Okay, going to be driving from Balmer, MD area to Twin Cities, MN - how in the hell does one go about showing entire route, when MN is not on the Eastern CD!?

Do I need to "magically" switch DVDs somewhere in my travel or how the heck do I do this?
    The maps of all of North America are on one DVD. The system doesn't seem to be able to display your entire route (the maximum zoom is 128 miles) but you can enter any destination in NA. There are two ways to do this:

1. Use the touch screen scroll function to display MN then zoom in to where you want to go and enter it as a destination.

2. Press Menu -> Enter Destination -> Region. Select your destination region and enter an address.

I have never travelled across regions with this nav system (Canada is all one region!) but I am assuming the routing is seamless.

B.

Corvette(s)
    2006 Black convertible

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_p View Post
    The maps of all of North America are on one DVD. The system doesn't seem to be able to display your entire route (the maximum zoom is 128 miles) but you can enter any destination in NA. There are two ways to do this:

1. Use the touch screen scroll function to display MN then zoom in to where you want to go and enter it as a destination.

2. Press Menu -> Enter Destination -> Region. Select your destination region and enter an address.

I have never travelled across regions with this nav system (Canada is all one region!) but I am assuming the routing is seamless.

B.
    There is a way to display the entire route but you need to set a destination first. Change Route -> Route Options -> Display Route

Ya gotta read the manual. A lot of this is not intuitive.

B.

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_p View Post

Ya gotta read the manual.

B.
    Your kidding,right?

Corvette(s)

not intuitive - no fukking shit! it should be though! my Garmin is easy as chit to use