Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Dead Battery
- 05-10-09, 09:01 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2007
- Lynn Haven, Fl
- Yellow 05, Blue 91, Blue 72
2005 Base C6 w/ 6spd. Two weeks ago I installed my 5th (fifth) battery in this 5 year old car. This new battery is a $180 4 year free replacement battery. Typical event: The car will sit for weeks with out a problem. Then one day I drive it and the next day the battery is dead. The dealer claims the car has the latest s/w build. Today I went to the car after it had been sitting 3 days and the battery was dead. I charged it for 2 hours. I started the car and even after the two hour battery pre-charge the alternator burned out in about 10 minutes. (That is a first.)
I know now to try and isolate the circuit by pulling fuses. But the questions are:
1. Is there a TSB with hints about where to start the search or maybe some other approach?
2. Does anyone know a way I can verify if the car really has the latest software build?
- 05-22-09, 06:13 AM #2
- Join Date
- May 2001
- New Haven, Ct. USA
- Nope, but someday.
There are multiple calibration updates for the vehicle control modules.
Honestly, your dealership can print out what does or does NOT need to be done.
PCM BCM and remote control door lock receiver should be checked.
- By 1980corvettegibson in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 04-07-05, 11:28 AM
- By 1980corvettegibson in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 22Last Post: 03-10-05, 06:04 PM
- By rsimoes in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 02-01-05, 06:11 PM
- By C3RVETTE in forum General Automotive DiscussionReplies: 8Last Post: 10-13-04, 06:16 PM
- By zog in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 03-10-03, 05:38 PM