Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    65 BB 502 Cp/ 2009-HUMMER H2

Default Who's Your Favorite Front Non "Film" Bra..??

Now I have 3M Film on the wheel wells and lower door jimmy jams and across the rear deck spoiler & mirrors. But after two attempts by my Vinyl guy, him and I both gave up on the install of the front bra nose sectiom. To Big of a PINA..!!

I know " GM JUNKIE" is the man for the install on that part..(Took Him 5 Hours on the last one he did).. but no way am I driving down south from Joisey. So...I'm thinking just a regular Bra on ..Bra Off type Bra. Since 3M dumped the "3M Film Paint Protection Line" ..I gave up on using that for nose protection.

I'm doing Corvettes at Carlisle this year followed by a direct drive to Bowling Green for the 15th Bash. So..I'll need a Bra for the open road to keep them their Southern baseball size bugs & boulders from ripp-en up the front end of my new 09.

Anyway.. their's a ton of those strap on bra's on the market from $99.00 to $500.00 .... Which one do you guys like the best and why..??
    "Kid_Again.."Hey, at least I don't have an annoying split window to block my view."

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vett View Post
    Now I have 3M Film on the wheel wells and lower door jimmy jams and across the rear deck spoiler & mirrors. But after two attempts by my Vinyl guy, him and I both gave up on the install of the front bra nose sectiom. To Big of a PINA..!!

I know " GM JUNKIE" is the man for the install on that part..(Took Him 5 Hours on the last one he did).. but no way am I driving down south from Joisey. So...I'm thinking just a regular Bra on ..Bra Off type Bra. Since 3M dumped the "3M Film Paint Protection Line" ..I gave up on using that for nose protection.

I'm doing Corvettes at Carlisle this year followed by a direct drive to Bowling Green for the 15th Bash. So..I'll need a Bra for the open road to keep them their Southern baseball size bugs & boulders from ripp-en up the front end of my new 09.

Anyway.. their's a ton of those strap on bra's on the market from $99.00 to $500.00 .... Which one do you guys like the best and why..??
    Correction!! The second one took about 3 1/2 and last one took a little over 2 hours!!
    I'm getting better,but not richer!!
    It's still a pain in the Donkey!!!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
    Correction!! The second one took about 3 1/2 and last one took a little over 2 hours!!
    I'm getting better,but not richer!!
    It's still a pain in the Donkey!!!
    When you get it down to 30 min...let me know....

Corvette(s)
    Nope, Nada, Nein

I've had good luck with the GM front mask. It gives a nice tight fit and it is fairly easy to put on and take off.

Jason

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue

Quote Originally Posted by twiget View Post
    I've had good luck with the GM front mask. It gives a nice tight fit and it is fairly easy to put on and take off.

Jason

That's what I'm using, seems to be the favorite in our club too
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,
    Z06/Z16 #1689

Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

I love my 3M clear bra ,intalled by GM Junkie.

Corvette(s)

Thanks Big Jim and twiget... The GM stuff usually turns out to be worth the money.

I'm also wondering about those stretchy front mask's and how well they work as far as rock chip's go... Doesnt look like much there in that stetchy stuff as far as thickness goes.

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vett boy View Post
    I love my 3M clear bra ,intalled by GM Junkie.
    Glad to hear your front 3M Film installed by the Junkie worked out. Like I said...I've been there twice with my installer guy and their's to just to much agg there for me..

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

My personal Opinion,I don't like a Bra on my car!! Been There,Done That on other cars in the past!! Seams like to me that they get dirt,sand and even small rocks under them and I never could keep them tight enough to keep them from scuffing,marring and damaging the paint!! My 03 C5 has close to 63,000 miles and only has 3-4 small chips,(So small you will have to get on your hands and knees to find them!!) I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!

junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z06 CE & 2010 Grand Sport Vert JS Blue

Thanks Big Jim and twiget... The GM stuff usually turns out to be worth the money.

I'm also wondering about those stretchy front mask's and how well they work as far as rock chip's go... Doesnt look like much there in that stetchy stuff as far as thickness goes.

The GM item for a C5 is also one of the less expensive... If I remember correctly, I paid about $82.00 with our club discount.
    The only thing that you accomplish when you make something idiotproof, is breed a better grade of idiot,
    Z06/Z16 #1689

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
    My personal Opinion,I don't like a Bra on my car!! Been There,Done That on other cars in the past!! Seams like to me that they get dirt,sand and even small rocks under them and I never could keep them tight enough to keep them from scuffing,marring and damaging the paint!! My 03 C5 has close to 63,000 miles and only has 3-4 small chips,(So small you will have to get on your hands and knees to find them!!) I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!

I've found that staying out in front and not running the nose up somebody's butt helps keep from getting chips and broken windshields!!
    Yep That's the ticket... I had my 86 for 20 years and only had a few tiny
    chips that were fixed up with GM Touch up paint.
    I'm only concerened about the long interstate trips coming up.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

I got the Speed Lingerie for my '08 in silver to match. It goes on for long trips like Caravan 2009 and comes off other wise. Ain't cheap but it stays on at speed and you can get it through the National Corvette Museum's store with a discount if you're a member.

The Speed Lingerie bra is a PITA to stretch and get hooked on the fender mounts but once there, it doesn't move. I put an extra coat or 2 of C-Magic on the nose and press on.

If the bra gets wet on the trip and I have time to take it off and let is dry, I do and I brush the dirt and bug stuff off the back side before putting it back on.

When it warms up, I'll put the GM Corvette splash guards on the rear edges of the fenders to protect them.
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Yep That's the ticket... I had my 86 for 20 years and only had a few tiny
    chips that were fixed up with GM Touch up paint.
    I'm only concerened about the long interstate trips coming up.

I drive mostly interstate to Missouri and Florida.Mine was a Garage Queen for the first 2 1/2 years,and then gas got so high that it was to expensive to drive the Olga truck everywhere! I probly don't need to tell you that Big Blocks are Thirsty!!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I got the Speed Lingerie for my '08 in silver to match. It goes on for long trips like Caravan 2009 and comes off other wise. Ain't cheap but it stays on at speed and you can get it through the National Corvette Museum's store with a discount if you're a member.

The Speed Lingerie bra is a PITA to stretch and get hooked on the fender mounts but once there, it doesn't move. I put an extra coat or 2 of C-Magic on the nose and press on.

If the bra gets wet on the trip and I have time to take it off and let is dry, I do and I brush the dirt and bug stuff off the back side before putting it back on.

When it warms up, I'll put the GM Corvette splash guards on the rear edges of the fenders to protect them.
    Thanks for the Reply Tuna,

I am a Member of the Vette Museum ... so If I go for it I'll check out their price. As Stated... I'm only concerned with the up-coming Carlisle & BG trip and any future long distance haul's.

Tyson

This is the nose cover I purchased. Has the Vette emblem embroidered which is a nice touch and the best price I have found out there for the quality.

C6 Corvette Front Mask - Black - CB3-XA611

The installation is easy, I did mine in about 30minutes first time out. You need to stretch the cover over the nose so don't be shy when putting it on. I detailed that part in another post here on nose covers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast