Results 1 to 5 of 5
Thread: Key Fob
- 01-10-09, 04:13 PM #1
Has anyone every started their vette with the fob nearby so that it would start and then drove away. I was curious as to what would happen.
- 01-10-09, 04:15 PM #2
I think the car would continue to run until it was turned off. I have started my car, then forgot something in the house, got out, went and got what I had forgotten, and returned, and she was still running.
- 01-10-09, 07:15 PM #3
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. It could easily happen that you start car with the fob close and drive away. Then when you shut it off you are screwed, glued and tatooed.
- 01-11-09, 05:39 AM #4
- Join Date
- May 2001
- New Haven, Ct. USA
- Nope, but someday.
Normally, if you start the vehicle, and then leave with the FOB.
Lock the car, it will NOT unlock until you return with the FOB.
It will stay running.
- 01-11-09, 07:07 AM #5
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Visby, Sweden
- 2007 Machine Silver Coupe Z51
There's a warning when stopping your engine - manual 2007 p. 93.
"If the keyless access transmitter is not detected inside the vehicle when it is turned to off, the DIC displays NO FOB – OFF OR RUN?. See DIC Warnings and Messages on page 212 for more information."
Question: Another Key Fob QuestionBy twiget in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 43Last Post: 08-31-09, 11:31 AM
- By yellowtin in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 12-10-08, 12:31 PM
- By vegaebh in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-08, 10:48 AM
- By darkstar in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 12-10-07, 11:01 PM
- By nucferr in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 05-10-06, 03:08 PM