Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Battery disconnect switch-C6
- 10-17-08, 05:10 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jan 2002
- Janesville, Wi. USA
- 2012 SuperSonic Blue GS
Battery disconnect switch-C6
I recently purchased a battery disconnect switch from MAM.
When installed, will this mean that I would not be able to get into
the vehicle unless I go thru the rear hatch with the key?
Will I loose all memory also?
I used to have a C4 & C5, they seemed to really drain the batttery.
Does C6's do this also?
- 10-17-08, 05:31 PM #2- OnlineTechnical Writer for Internet & Print Media
- Join Date
- Jan 2001
- Southern California
- 71 95 04 12
On C6, door and hatch unlatching are done electric actuators.
If you disconnect the battery, those actuators have no power. What do you think happens?
If you want to avoid battery discharge over long periods of storage, send the battery disconnect back and buy a "smart" trickle or maintainer battery charger.
I use Auto Meter "Battery Extenders". I've never had a low/dead battery due to slow discharge during storage.Hib Halverson
- By TheSearcher in forum C5 General DiscussionReplies: 24Last Post: 04-22-07, 08:20 PM
- By 69L88clone in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 7Last Post: 11-07-06, 11:01 AM
- By Rob in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 31Last Post: 09-10-06, 05:00 PM
- By bullgunner in forum C6 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 20Last Post: 08-01-06, 11:34 PM
- By 67Boomer in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 8Last Post: 11-01-03, 11:21 AM