Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 DSOM Z06, 2007 Black ZZR, 1968 Charger RT 440

Default 4 seat Corvette!

My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.
    Gersh
    I think, therefore I am
    --Rene Descartes
    I am, therefore I think
    --Gersh Lundberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2008 vert 6M silver

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh View Post
    My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering...

Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there???

Gersh
    No.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    1978, 2007, CTS-V

Ditto the CTS-V. You will likeit more each day. Just replace the Goodyears with a better rain tire like the DSG and have a ball.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2002 M.Y. convertible

I remember in some corvette mamgazine, or somewhere, there was a company in L.A. that made back seats to slip in to mid years. That was years ago, but the thread reminded me of it.
    A Proud U.S. Navy Veteran

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

GM made one 4 seater midyear as a prototype. Maybe you can talk the General out of it.
    Save the Wave!

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2000 Navy Blue Coupe A4 Z51

Gersh
    Don't know about a 4 seat Vette, but the first title I got from Florida for my 2000 Coupe showed it as a 4 door ! Xeroxed the title, sent the original back, and they corrected it. Cool conversation piece.
    Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 DSOM Z06, 2007 Black ZZR, 1968 Charger RT 440

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Get your hands on a Cadillac CTS-V and buckle them up. It's a Vette with 4 doors and child seat attachments.

Like your Charger!
    Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06.
    Also, I (with my wife) already have two Corvettes, a minivan, two pickups, a '68 Charger which I restored, a '66 SS Chevelle I'm working on, and a street bike. Also two dirt bikes, three 4-wheelers, one go-cart, a riding lawnmower and three farm tractors. And a Powered Parachute. I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Well, I'm not really a Cadillac kind of guy. And the horsepower/weight ratio won't make me happy, after driving a Z06. .........
    I don't need another car! Just want seat belts in the back of the Vette...
    I don't think extra belts in a Vette is possible. I did see a couple of kids riding in the back of a C5 Z06 the other day. They were sitting sideways in the trunk - it was during a parade, of course; no belts but they had nice pillows.

If you were to take a test drive in the CTS-V you might change your mind about Cadillacs. My "V" has the LS6 motor and newer "V's" have the LS2 motor. They are 6-speed manuals only and have 3.73 gears. Definitely not as quick as a Z06 but they move out pretty good for a car that weights ~3700#.

Good luck with your 4-seat Vette search.

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    1978, 2007, CTS-V

If you really want a view of the CTS-V world go to their forum. For the small number sold in comparison to C6s their are usually 50-75 on at any time to maybe 15 on our site. They also are not shy about mods to their Vs. http://www.cadillacforums.com/index.php

Post Thanks / Like

Default Look around

As long as you have the money,,, you can install an extra two seats n the back if your vett is a hatchback. Just make sure you install seatbelts. MONEY MAKES THE WORLD GO AROUND!
    My wife and I both drive C6 Vettes, and now all of a sudden we have 5 kids (we had twins born prematurely about 2 months ago. Don't panic--we do have a 7 seat minivan, but I am wondering... Is there a possible way to safely and legally attach seatbelts in the storage area of a C6 Corvette and put infant/toddler carseats back there??? I realize that sounds crazy, but I like driving my Vette everywhere I can.Gersh