Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: C6 rear lights and turn signals

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible

Default C6 rear lights and turn signals

Has anyone converted to the LED rear lights on C6?
    Also, if using the LED;s can you still use the sequential turn signals???
    thanks,
    MIke

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

ask the folks selling you the 'stuff'

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

I have sequential in my C6Z. I haven't gone to LED because I can buy a hell of a lot of 1157 bulbs for $600! Now, if they were $15-20 each like they are for trucks/buses, then I'd look at them again. Right now, the "Corvette" tax just isn't worth it to me. Not even close...

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 Machine Metallic Silver Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    I have sequential in my C6Z. I haven't gone to LED because I can buy a hell of a lot of 1157 bulbs for $600! Now, if they were $15-20 each like they are for trucks/buses, then I'd look at them again. Right now, the "Corvette" tax just isn't worth it to me. Not even close...
    How do the sequentials look?

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 C6Z DSOM

Quote Originally Posted by Dolce View Post
    How do the sequentials look?
    Coming from a commercial vehicle background, we have to use "conspicuity" tape (by law.) I consider sequential lights as a conspicuity device. It seems to work too as they do get people's attention.
    I've had them on for >30,000 miles and almost 4 years. No problems at all. Very easy to install, just plug-n-play.
    The only improvement I'd like to see is if I had 6 tail lights like some C2's had. Don't think it was factory but maybe aftermarket, it sure looked good!

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2010 '427' Z06 JetStream Blue

Quote Originally Posted by NORTY View Post
    Coming from a commercial vehicle background, we have to use "conspicuity" tape (by law.) I consider sequential lights as a conspicuity device. It seems to work too as they do get people's attention.
    I've had them on for >30,000 miles and almost 4 years. No problems at all. Very easy to install, just plug-n-play.
    The only improvement I'd like to see is if I had 6 tail lights like some C2's had. Don't think it was factory but maybe aftermarket, it sure looked good!
    Looking at your thread concerning tail lights on C2, no, I do not believe they were aftermarket. Looking around I found that some California cars had the six round tail lights. I think it was a saftey thing....don't really know much more than that. I do know that watching/observing auctions is where I found that info and seeing the cars. C2 guys probably know real well.