Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information!
Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: Compass Calibration Procedures ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2009 CG Z06 1LZ

Default Compass Calibration Procedures ?

The mirror compass on my new Z06 (2009 1LZ) is not calibrated and reads SW when I am heading N. It also shows CAL next to the direction.

Does anyone have the procedure for calibrating the compass?

I think the dealer overlooked this part when placed in service and I just don't want to take it back for such a small thing.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2007 Victory Red Coupe

Not sure what the steps are, but your owners manual would be a great place to start. I don't have my manual available right now, but I know there are instructions in the manuals because I have had to recalibrate mine and found the instructions in my manual. You should have received a manual when you purchased the Corvette.
    The shortest distance between two points is under construction. ~ Noelie Altito.

Compass Calibration Procedures ? Patrick's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster

Steve,
    I'm afraid we don't yet have an owner's manual link for model year 2009 up yet, but I don't think the recalibration procedure has changed much during the entirety of the C6 production run. Here's a LINK to the 2008 owners manual (you'll need to be able to support a document in PDF format). The information on compass recalibration are on pages 2-39 and 2-40. Try those and see if that solves your problem.

-Patrick