Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Hollywood

Default C6 Targa Top Noise

My car is only about 2 mos old and i am starting noise from the top. Not air noise a kinda creaking or looses noise. Anybody else? Any suggestions. I also hear a rubbing noise when doing a tight turn at low speed. Like in the parking lot, stuff like that.

Corvette(s)
    Hers: 2007 Atomic Orange, His: 2007 Machine Silver

Sounds like you need to take it in to a dealer and have the top checked out. There has been a recall on the tops coming apart while driving.

Good luck.
    Hecox

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My car is only about 2 mos old and i am starting noise from the top. Not air noise a kinda creaking or looses noise. Anybody else? Any suggestions. I also hear a rubbing noise when doing a tight turn at low speed. Like in the parking lot, stuff like that.
    Clear top or painted? Some of the painted tops are delaminating and there is a TSB out for the replacement of some pins on the clear top.

Hollywood

mine is painted. I'm going to the Delar today. Thanks for the input.

Corvette(s)
    2007 black coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    mine is painted. I'm going to the Delar today. Thanks for the input.
    Good luck Hollywood. INSIST that you get a replacement top manufactured AFTER Aug. 7th. Do not take anything less from the dealer.

Corvette(s)
    2008 CRM/EBONY Z51 MZ6 COUPE-NPP

Default top

Time for you to go answer the recall for those tops.Don't wait,it could come off anytime!!!

Hollywood

Just ask the guys at "Corvette Action Center" to get your problem fixed. Your analysis was right on. They want to repair it with a kit so i'm going back this afternoon and talk to the service mgr about getting a new one. I'll let ya kown how i come out. Thanks again!!

Corvette(s)
    1964 Red Convertible and 2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe

I had mine back and they did the repair. They insist that this will solve the problem. I figure now they are responsible. I was told that the new tops are built using the same material that they use to repair the tops. I have had very good luck at the dealer I use, and the Vette mechanic is a very good friend, so I trust them to do what is right.
    Kerry (Lucy64)
    1964 Red Modified Convertible
    2005 DSOM Z51 Coupe

Hollywood

Thanks Lucy, i guess i am most worried about quality of repair. But as you said they are responsible. Also I apologize to all the female members, In my previous post when i reffered to the "guys at Corvette Action Center" should have been guys and gals. my bad.

Corvette(s)
    2010 ZR1

Have your dealer read recall notice #05112 ( and ALL revisions of that document). For example, bulletin #05112C, issued June 2006.

Not all 2005-2006 Corvettes are affected.

IMPORTANT: Dealers should confirm vehicle eligibility through GMVIS (GM vehicle inquiry system) prior to beginning repairs.

I had the roof on my 2006 Z06 inspected and repaired from an authorized Chevrolet dealer, and they used 10 each of bolt part number 11561612, and adhesive part number 88861400 in the repair. Again, I remind you, I have the non-removable roof (but it is) C6 Z06, and the repair tech inspected my roof, took the GM prescribed measurements, and replaced the 10 bolts. These bolts are a one time usage commodity since they have a pre applied coating on the threads.

Hope this helps.
    Zippy
    2010 Blade Silver ZR1
    NCM Master Ambassador & Lifetime Member
    Join the NCM, 1.800.53.VETTE

Corvette(s)
    2005 C6 LeMans Blue

I've taken my 2005 in 4 times for the roof noise the last time which was about 1 week ago they kept it for 9 days.....yep 9 days finally they came to the conclusion that my roof needed to be replaced, it was clicking and poping and sweaking and making all kinds of racket.....so much for GM and quality control, anyway they offered me either a replacement (colored roof, LeMans Blue) or the smoked, I declined the smoked I had one on my last vette and didn't like it, anyway I'm waiting for them to get the new roof in and paint it so I can go and pick it up....I will keep yall informed as to the outcome!!
    America is GOD'S country, and the Corvette is GOD'S car.....SPEAK ENGLISH!!!
    Why should I have to push "1" ???