Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2013 Calaway 60th Anniv. vert

Default Visual stupidity

Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within me.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

When I asked my dealer, I was told the front splitter was about $1800 over the counter in parts. OUCH!
    Tuna
    NCM Lifer - NCM Fighter Squadron
    2014 Caravan Captain - OK/TX Panhandle
    Central OK CC - Lone Star CC

Corvette(s)

Yea. Just left the dealer here in Columbus Oh. About 750.00 to repair and clr bra it again. I have seen online RPI, CorvetteMods new for 650-950. I may just go that route.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

I haven't seen what the RPI or CorvetteMods splitters look like. Then again, half the price over factory as got to be looked considered.
    Tuna

Corvette(s)

They are identical to what's on our cars. RPI will paint them to match the car. I will call them Friday to ensure they can match the gray color.

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z16, 2006 ZO6, 2010 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by r50thc5 View Post
    Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within me.
    Don't feel too bad. I once ran into my neighbors mailbox at about 5 mph. while looking at something in my front yard. Felt like a moron!

Corvette(s)
    2015 Shark Grey Coupe with Brownstone

I ordered a replacement right side skirt for my ZR1 from RPI. The mounting holes matched up perfectly with the existing holes.
    Roger

NCM Lifetime Member

The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.

Corvette(s)

Thanks for the input Roger. I try to get as much info now a days before I order online. They are just a couple hours up the road too!

Corvette(s)
    Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster

Default YEP - Sounds like Corvette Tax is still alive & well!

Corvette(s)
    '96 GSc, '67 L68r, '78 L82, '70 L48c, '70 LT-1c

Corvette tax? Have you checked Porsche's prices lately?
    ____
    Bob

Corvette(s)
    98 pewter coupe

[QUOTE=r50thc5;1111949]Aaaarg! I miss judged pulling into the driveway with my 2013 427. YES I scraped (hit the curb) the splitter. Big time, need to call the insurance company. The car has 230 miles on it, so stupid. Anyone know what the replacement cost will be. The damaged is to bad to repair in my opinion. Murphy's law lives within.............................................................................................. .................................................... don't be so hard on your self.s@#t happens.just live and learn.just remember it allways can be worse......
    Last edited by 98pewter; 01-08-13 at 06:39 PM.

Corvette(s)
    '13 427 60th

Bumped a curb with my 427 Vert a couple of weeks ago. Not enough to break it but it left a "rub" mark on it about 1/2 by 1 inch. Polishing compound isn't working on the carbon fiber. Duh!

At least, I do not need to replace it.
    Tuna

Corvette(s)
    98 pewter coupe

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    Bumped a curb with my 427 Vert a couple of weeks ago. Not enough to break it but it left a "rub" mark on it about 1/2 by 1 inch. Polishing compound isn't working on the carbon fiber. Duh!

At least, I do not need to replace it.
    .........................................................see the glass is half full not empty

Corvette(s)

I ordered a carbon fiber repalcement from RPI. Have not mounted it yet. I will take the original to a painter to see if they can repair
    to original condition. I am not savy enuf with carbon repair. I also have a clr bra on it, so some, hoping not all, can be removed and that 2 ft section blended in. Local shop wants another 250.00 to redo the clr bra. I paid them what I feel was a premium price the first time. Thought they would give a discount for a repeat job. It's also got some bubble showing, that alone should allow for
    an discount. So much for life time warranty. Anyway, watch out for them curbs..

Corvette(s)
    98 pewter coupe

I ordered a carbon fiber repalcement from RPI. Have not mounted it yet. I will take the original to a painter to see if they can repair
    to original condition. I am not savy enuf with carbon repair. I also have a clr bra on it, so some, hoping not all, can be removed and that 2 ft section blended in. Local shop wants another 250.00 to redo the clr bra. I paid them what I feel was a premium price the first time. Thought they would give a discount for a repeat job. It's also got some bubble showing, that alone should allow for
    an discount. So much for life time warranty. Anyway, watch out for them curbs..
    i have seen with my own eyes two curbs jump out and asalt two corvette drivers and there corvettes.those curbs have it out for carbon fiber... i hope you get everything squard away and back to better then new

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast