Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    2003 Yellow Z06

Default UK Corvette Club gets exclusive viewing of ZR1

The first UK spec ZR1 arrived in the UK last week in preparation for the London Motor Show. GM UK had kindly offered the members of the Classic Corvette Club UK (CCCUK) an exclusive viewing of the car and within three days the club had arranged for over 70 CCCUK members with their Corvettes to see the car at a secret location. News of the event was publicised over the Club Member section of the CCCUK website and it is a credit to the club that not one member of the public or univited press was at the preview. The reason for the secrecy was that GM did not want the car mobbed or damaged, as later that evening is was loaded onto a transporter to go to the Motor Show. Understandably GM wanted it at the show in pristine condition.

You can see from the picture that the car was built in European spec - notice the side repeater light on the wings (Fenders). Also, the front splitter was missing, but that was because the car was driven over a field to get into the marquee and GM didn't want to risk any damage.

Everyone associated with the CCCUK is very grateful to GM for recognising our club in this way and for giving us the opportunity.

Rich Rogers

2003 Z06 C5R Replica

Corvette(s)
    www.67HEAVEN.com

:G

Excellent. Love the colour combo.
    Link to the Shop Build thread.

"I believe that time wounds all heels".
    John Lennon

===============================

Corvette(s)
    2006 'Evil Stealth Black' Roadster

Excellent! Did you go see it, UKRagTop?

Quote Originally Posted by UKragtop View Post
    The first UK spec ZR1 arrived in the UK last week in preparation for the London Motor Show. GM UK had kindly offered the members of the Classic Corvette Club UK (CCCUK) an exclusive viewing of the car and within three days the club had arranged for over 70 CCCUK members with their Corvettes to see the car at a secret location.
    Heh. That means notorious Corvette hater Jeremy Clarkson wasn't invited. Even better.

Corvette(s)
    2003 Yellow Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Excellent! Did you go see it, UKRagTop?

Heh. That means notorious Corvette hater Jeremy Clarkson wasn't invited. Even better.
    Yeah - I was there. It was great to see the car in the flesh, but I'm not sure about the Chrome/polished wheels. The side repeaters are a fact of life over here - there are ways for individuals to get round them but I guess the manufacturer needs to meet regulations.

Overall, that is one heck of a car - well done GM. We'll only get a very few over here with pricing rumours of $200,000.

Our next task is to get GM to give us test rides!!!

Re Clarkson and without getting into a "Clarkson love/hate thread", GM do not need to promote the car over here from a sales angle. They do need to promote the car as a flagship and in my opinion, there's no point in giving it to Clarkson for him to rubbish it.

Rich Rogers

2003 Z06 C5R Replica

Corvette(s)
    1982 Collector Edition

Schaweet.. Very cool you guys got a glimpse. What an honour.

Though i agree with you on the wheels..

How did they resolve the hook for the towing and i dare not mention the front plates (52cm)??

-Stefan

Corvette(s)
    2003 Yellow Z06

Good point about the tow hooks - I didn't see any.

Rich Rogers

2003 Z06 C5R Replica