Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Corvette(s)
    1987 Redskin Red Coupe

Try lower pressure. i run 18.5 psi in my rears at the track. as most stated you can't just dump the clutch. stock clutch even the Z's stock clutch absolutly sucks! you have to side step it and baby it out of the hole if you want any kind of decent 60' on street tires. what i would do is side step it at around 1500 rpm and only nail the gas to about 1/4 throttle then roll on it to the point you should be full throttle hitting 2nd gear. no need for speed shifting unless you are good at it. you just need to be fast switching gears with the utmost speed if you want to see low to mid 12's.

i'm guessing you were at Richmond drag way? or Dinwiddy?

87 Coupe
    Old Times! New ones coming Soon!
    Best 60' 1.815 on Good Year F1 Street Tires!
    Best ET 13.187
    Best MPH 105.84
    Check out my Car Domain Site!
    www.CorvetteKillStories.com

Corvette(s)
    1987 Redskin Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by DRTH VTR
    dial 12.57, 60' 1.847, 12.479 @ 112.24 lost, broke out (but happy!)

All of those runs were improvements over my previous runs. Between the VaraRam and the drag radials, I have cut about 0.6-0.8 seconds off my time, mostly from the improved tires. I added about 3MPH to the trap speed, mostly from the VaraRam.

Thanks to everyone who had suggestions for me, especially MadMic.
    Jim B
    Jim,

that is awesome! glad i could be of help over here on the right coast at one of our local tracks that could of been a 12.1-12.0 pass easily! just awesome! i see those DR's knocked off .2 on the short time that equals 3-4 tenths overall that you've picked up! awesome!

87 Coupe
    Best ET 13.187
    Best MPH 105.84

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Mad-Mic
    Try lower pressure. i run 18.5 psi in my rears at the track. as most stated you can't just dump the clutch. stock clutch even the Z's stock clutch absolutly sucks! you have to side step it and baby it out of the hole if you want any kind of decent 60' on street tires. what i would do is side step it at around 1500 rpm and only nail the gas to about 1/4 throttle then roll on it to the point you should be full throttle hitting 2nd gear. no need for speed shifting unless you are good at it. you just need to be fast switching gears with the utmost speed if you want to see low to mid 12's.

i'm guessing you were at Richmond drag way? or Dinwiddy?
    I was at Firebird, near Boise, Idaho.
    I was running 16# in the rears. I just think I need more practice, but I am pretty happy with the improvement in 60' and et.
    Save the Wave!

Corvette(s)
    99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold

John Henricy Corvette engineer is the only one to pull out a 4.0 0-60 time in a stock ZO6. He doesn't use the clutch.

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by TODD L GRIFFITH
    John Henricy Corvette engineer is the only one to pull out a 4.0 0-60 time in a stock ZO6. He doesn't use the clutch.
    Just want to make sure we are talking about the same thing.
    0-60MPH vs 60' times.

How does he start without the clutch?
    Save the Wave!

Corvette(s)
    99' MR Coupe, 04' Silverado 03' ZO6 Sold

Amaizing man he is, a no clutch shift on a ZO6. WOW! 0-60mph in 4.0 seconds. He must engage the clutch on launch lol, but you can do 69mph in second gear on a ZO6, so he shifts from first to second with no clutch engagement. The quarter mile numbers I think should average around 12.5 sec.

Corvette(s)
    1987 Redskin Red Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by TODD L GRIFFITH
    Amaizing man he is, a no clutch shift on a ZO6. WOW! 0-60mph in 4.0 seconds. He must engage the clutch on launch lol, but you can do 69mph in second gear on a ZO6, so he shifts from first to second with no clutch engagement. The quarter mile numbers I think should average around 12.5 sec.
    in some friends manual cars i've done that. 1-2 shift clutchless. just gotta jam back and not be afraid hard to do 2-3 and 3-4 can be speed shifted pretty easy using the clutch.

if you want to run the quicker times you have to atleast speed shift. can't granny shift the gears like your going to the grocery store

87 Coupe
    Best ET 13.187
    Best MPH 105.84

ScatRat

DRTH VTR,

CONGRATS! Your times are super! Plus, with only BF Goodrich drag radials and the Vararam added. Looks like you've picked up closer to a second in your overall times. For that amount of investment resulting in those lower times, that's a good return. I've got to get mine over to MIR to do some more runs. With everyone's inputs, I hope to establish a better baseline before I do any mods. However, no speed shifting. Want to keep tranny in one piece.

Again, CONGRATS!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123