Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tonys Torch

Default I appreciate the link

And thanks again, i will keep that handy in case i cant get logged on.

take care. Tony

Corvette(s)
    www.67HEAVEN.com

One more thing. How many of you knew that that beautiful LS6 is built just a hop-skip-and-a-jump* from me in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada?

So, how's it feel driving a Canadian car?

(NOTE: The hop-skip-and-a-jump reference is in celebration of Easter. )

Tonys Torch

Default Awwwwwh

Really? my car is part Canadian??

I wondered why my last two Z06's liked the cold weather so much!!

But i never knew................. learn something new everyday!

Corvette(s)
    www.67HEAVEN.com

theblackvette

Hey Tonys Torch!!!!!
    I'm here alive and well! Glad you back on!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonys Torch
    Gosh is it me, or what?? I Couldn't get logged on here..

YES this is a wonderful THREAD!!

GOOOO Z16 GOOOOOOOOOOO.

Finally a REAL thread about the best of the best..LOL

Whats up BV???

see ya.. Tonys Torch

Corvette(s)
    2010 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by 67HEAVEN
    One more thing. How many of you knew that that beautiful LS6 is built just a hop-skip-and-a-jump* from me in St. Catharines, Ontario Canada?

So, how's it feel driving a Canadian car?

(NOTE: The hop-skip-and-a-jump reference is in celebration of Easter. )
    Any respectable Corvette fan should know that...plus all LS1 engines , and other GM engines are assembled in St Catherines. Do you know where else Corvette engines were built before St. Cathies became the exclusive Corvette engine plant?
    Zippy
    2010 Blade Silver ZR1
    NCM Master Ambassador & Lifetime Member
    Join the NCM, 1.800.53.VETTE

Tonys Torch

Default Looks like im back in

I must be doing something wrong when logging on, now i got on, last night i couldn't. what am i doing wrong? anyway i hope OUR Z16's are getting more rare by the days!

How many built so far? anyone know?

thanks Tony

theblackvette

Tonys Torch!

Where is that parking picture you promised?

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

I'm glad you people like my article. It was fun to do that road test.

As Rob mentioned in his "Ed. Note" at the end of the story, The Fairest Sandra the Red and I are proud owners of a Z06 LMCE which now carries the name coined in the magazine test, "Blue Bullet".

In fact, 00039 is a former GM Captured Test Fleet car which was sold at acution to Colussey Chevrolet in Pittsburg and then went to Tom Henry Chevrolet in Bakerstown where we bought it. The car had 7100 miles on it and it's only problem is sometime in its past life, the tire inflation kit had been removed from the car. I find that these kits, when bought new from GM, have an obscene price. Does anyone know of anyone who has (very unfortunately) a wrecked Z06 from which they might sell me the inflation kit cheap?
    Hib Halverson

Corvette(s)
    2004 ZO6 Z16

Hib,

Loved the article, and also have the car as well. It sure is my dream car, and is ceratainly a long way from my first car, a Mazda 606 (1300 cc engine and a manual choke, it was more like todays lawn tractors ). I'm sure no-one remebers it.
    Anyway, now here I am on a thread with you, wow. So if I may be so bold as to offer you a suggestion, there is a site called www.gmpartsdirect.com I find they often have better prices. Also I can't remember the name but someone either here or on corevtteforum will know it, but there is a dealership somewhere in the midwest that has killer prices on GM parts, I have ordered from them in the past. I'll try and find the name and number.
    I have not even looked in the kit yet, but it must contain something super special. I think I may join AAA just for emergencys. I have only had one flat in 23 years of driving, now that I said that I'm sure I'll end up stranded somewhere real out of the way.
    Thanks for a great article and your contributions to the Vette world.

Gonzo

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Hib Halverson
    I'm glad you people like my article. It was fun to do that road test.
    Your article about the 2002 electron blue Z06 was the first step on the path of my getting my own eb 2002 Z06.
    Save the Wave!

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

Quote Originally Posted by DRTH VTR
    Your article about the 2002 electron blue Z06 was the first step on the path of my getting my own eb 2002 Z06.
    And...I remember that EB 02. In fact, three years ago, we ran that sucker over the same mountain road we used to test the 04 Z16. While I really think the paint scheme on the LMCE is pretty cool, 02 EB is, IMO, one of the two best looking solid blues in Corvette history. The other is a Corvette color GM had in the early 90s called "Quasar Blue." I have a pal who currently has a 98 convert. but used to have a Quasar Blue coupe. It was the coolest looking car.
    Hib Halverson

Corvette(s)
    2004 Z16 ComEd

Default Thanks for the review - confirms what I am experiencing

Thanks Hib - was a very thorough review.
    I just returned from finishing up a three year job in Saudi, none too soon, to start driving my own Z16. It is awesome! Took a drive up Mary's Peak, local blast up the mountain, last week and it was so much fun. Only thing that could have made it more fun is if I could have had a 'top down'. Took it to the Oregon Coast two days ago, through the mountains again, love the power and cornering.
    Going out to Shedd to meet someone with a Z, who I connected through CAC last winter while in Saudi. We'll have breakfast and enjoy the wonderful Oregon sunshine.
    Derald
    My 1st Vette is a 2004 Z16 ComEd
    My 'other ride' - 450+HP 468 BB in 76 Blazer (killer stump puller!)

Corvette(s)
    '04 Z06/Z16 #1966

Hib:

I too have a Z16 and thought your write up on a awesome car was great! Now, can you tell us Corvette junkies whether or not you wil be keeping your Z16 stock or do you plan any mods?

Thanks.

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Quote Originally Posted by Zohhh6
    Hib:

I too have a Z16 and thought your write up on a awesome car was great! Now, can you tell us Corvette junkies whether or not you wil be keeping your Z16 stock or do you plan any mods?

Thanks.
    Hib? Keep a Corvette stock? Surely you jest!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast