Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    BLUEDUCE

Default Michelin Pilot Sport PS2

Purchased a new set in July, 2007. We have 9,000 miles on them and they look almost like slicks. The tire orginally has 9.5 tread now has 5.5. Half gone in 9,000 miles. We don't do burn outs. Cannot keep buying tires everyother year at a cost of $1400. The front tires look like brand new. Just wondered if anyone else has these tires on their Z06 and what they think of them. Am now rethinking my decision to not buy Goodyear tires. The ones that came on the car lasted 18,000 miles.

Thank,

Donna

Corvette(s)
    03 Z06,66 coupe,99 Porsche Carrera

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEDUCE View Post
    Purchased a new set in July, 2007. We have 9,000 miles on them and they look almost like slicks. The tire orginally has 9.5 tread now has 5.5. Half gone in 9,000 miles. We don't do burn outs. Cannot keep buying tires everyother year at a cost of $1400. The front tires look like brand new. Just wondered if anyone else has these tires on their Z06 and what they think of them. Am now rethinking my decision to not buy Goodyear tires. The ones that came on the car lasted 18,000 miles.

Thank,

Donna
    I have the PS2's on mine and they're wearing really good. I do not have OE sized tires on it...275/35x18 and 305/30x19.....but I don't see any difference in tire wear as they're almost identical in circumference. I didn't think there would be that much difference in longevity, comparing the Michelin's vs. Good Year. I bought the Michelin's because I was told they were much quieter than OEM, handled better on wet roads (can't vouch for that, don't drive in the rain), and handled better in dry conditions.

BLUEDUCE

Michelin has agreed to give us a 30% discount on a new pair of rear tires so we did make some headway with them. I will get them after we return from Florida. Hopefully they will last longer.

Donna