2002 Coupe Difference?
Can someone tell me what the difference is between the 2002 Coupe and the 2000 Coupe? I know there is a 5 HP difference but were there any other up grades done?Thanks
legend - While there are many changes from 2000 to 2001, I don't know of any significant changes from 2001 to 2002 (couple of color and instrument graphic changes).
Here are the changes I know of from 2000 to 2001:
1. You know about the horsepower increase from 345 to 350. Torque increased also from 350@4400 to 360@4000 for automatics, more for manuals. From personal experience, the difference in performance is very real: 0-60 for an automatic dropped from 5.2 seconds to 4.9 seconds.
2. Manual transmission sychros were upgraded, and automatic transmission cases are lighter by over 3 lbs on 2001.
3. Second generation active handling standard on 2001.
4. Battery changed to absorbent glass mat (agm) for 2001.
5. Max oil change interval raised to 15K miles on 2001 (from 10K).
6. More MPG for stick and automatic in 2001.
I got this from many sources, including the Corvette Black Book, 2001 Corvette sales brochure, my 2001 owners manual, and my own experience.
Also, you can browse through the wealth of information that Rob has posted on this forum on the 1997-2002 Specifications link.
Hope this helps
Oh, and the tailpipe tips are chrome on the 2001 and 2002. How could I forget that? Unless somebody adds chrome tips, that's the only visual cue you have to the tell the difference on the outside.
The wheels were a bit different. In 2001 the thin high polished spokes were standard. They did not make the painted wheels any more. The wheels were a thinker spoke in 2000 than 2001.
They also went to a different tire pressure sensor in 2001. The biggie was a running change during the 2001 model year from plastic valve stem caps to metal ones.
Owned and Operated by © 2000-2013 Corvette Action Center | |
© CORVETTE is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Chevrolet Motor Division. Neither Chevrolet Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for CorvetteActionCenter.com content, comments, or advertising. CorvetteActionCenter.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©. Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied. All Rights Reserved