Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2002 C5 Coupe

Default C5 Stock Quarter Mile Times?

Was wondering what a 1999 or 2000 standard and automatic STOCK C5 might be....and Iam saying for a normal person running down the track say for the first time....don't get me wrong I can drive....Iam just no professional yet....Iam thinking somewhere in the 13 second range? sound bout right?

12.9-13.6? sound reasonble?...just me guessing

thanks
    jeff

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Default Quarter Mile Times

I have made about 50-60 passes in my stock '97 A4 at my local strip. It is at 2600 ft elevation and most of my runs were daytime with air temperature about 90-100 degrees. I consistently ran 14.1 to 14.4 at about 100-102MPH. At a lower elevation, the times would be better. The fastest that I have seen a stock C5 run at that strip is 13.9-14.0 seconds. I sold that car.

I now have a 2002 Z06. I have not learned how to launch the car very well, but I have run 13.4 at 108MPH. A more experienced driver has run about 13.0-13.1. I think a better set of drag race tires would improve those times.

Of course, the times that are quoted in the magazines are run at elevations much closer to sea level.

Have fun and enjoy. The automatic will be more consistent. I place my left foot hard on the brake and take the tach to about 1500-1800 RPM. When the last yellow light goes on, hit it and hang on!

hawaii-5-lo

ive made about 75 passes.stock my auto with the 3:15 rear ran 13.6 @102,after the Halltech T-1 intake,13.4 @ 105.this is with the best 60ft time of 2.2.our track is over a coral reef,moisture seeps thru and the humidity is always high,there are people on good tracks that have run 12.9 on stock run flat tires.alot will depend on how well they prep your track,i actually get better traction on the street,thats how bad our track is.turn off the traction control,thats a must.later,Todd.

Corvette(s)
    2006 Black Z06

At Etown in Joisey, I ran a 13.99@103 with my 99A4 coupe. This was with the 2.73 rear axle ratio and Firestone runflats. With each successive (excessive? :s ) modification, my et went down and my mph went up. Finally got to the point where I had a 13.00@109 with Vortech intake/Corsa Indy exhaust/Bassani xpipe/Powerloader II.

Stock 1999 C5 automatic with 3:15 rear..and blackwing ran a best of 13.5 @ 105.5 mph..some other slower runs..

Then did a cold air intake..the car ran pretty consistantly @ 13.1's @ 107.5mph although when it got real cool the car ran terrible because the car couldn't get off the line.

I powerloaded the pcm from TTS and the car ran 12.90's pretty consistantly.. and trapped over 109 mph..with a best of 12.88 @ 109.5 mph.

The car had more in it..I was towards the end having trouble getting traction off the line..believe it or not..the runflats were better than the michelin pilot sports I had bought in the last year before selling the car....

The michelins sucked unless you did a burnout to warm them up..The runflats didn't care..burnout or otherwise. Just pull up to the line and run.

My suggestion..with a stock car..is not to bother with power braking..not to bother worrying about.. reaction time..(also remember to turn off traction control but you can use competition mod active handling if you like)

Run your own race when your ready..

Just pull up to the staging lights..Give it part throttle off the line..and as your hooking up through the 60 foots hammer it.

Hang on and have a few laughs.

Great thing about automatics..is you can really pull some awesome times as long as you get out of the gate strong and quick..(just a small chirp off the line is good..lots of spins a waste of time)

Rob
    Corvette(s)
    1990 ZR-1 (Canadian) Bright Red / Black

Default Re: C5 Stock Quarter Mile Times?

Originally posted by XtremeVette
    Was wondering what a 1999 or 2000 standard and automatic STOCK C5 might be....and Iam saying for a normal person running down the track say for the first time....don't get me wrong I can drive....Iam just no professional yet....Iam thinking somewhere in the 13 second range? sound bout right?

12.9-13.6? sound reasonble?...just me guessing

thanks
    jeff
    You may also want to check the performance data for C5s that we have in our Model Center.
    Rob Loszewski, Owner & Site Administrator
    Corvette Action Center
    Cadillac V-Net
    Cadillac XLR Net
    The Meadery
    Torque Network
    VetteTube
    NCRS Member #27792
    "Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." - Sun Tzu

Blackie T.

My completely stock 2001 convert ran 13.51 last nite at moroso, west palm beach (once I learned how to get off the line a little).

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Update-
    I added drag radials and a VaraRam to my Z06. At Firebird in Boise, ID the elevation is 2600'. I am now running consistent mid 12's at 111-112 MPH. Best time and trap speed (different runs) 12.4 seconds and 113MPH.
    Save the Wave!

Blackie T.

That's smokin at that altitude; of course we have the 90 degree heat.....my coolant temp was about 240 for the first run (over 14 sec.)

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Blackie T.
    That's smokin at that altitude; of course we have the 90 degree heat.....my coolant temp was about 240 for the first run (over 14 sec.)
    I had a '97 A4 that ran about 14.2 @102MPH at the same track with hot weather. The Z06 ran about 13.2-13.4 @108 MPH bone stock. I think the VaraRam cut aout .3 seconds and added 3-4MPH to the trap speed. But the BIG difference was the stickier tires. They cut another 0.6-0.7 seconds (0.3 improvement in 60' times), but didn't add much to trap speed.

If the coolant tempereature is that high, consider turning on the air conditioner. It kicks on the secondary fan. Of course, turn it off before the run.
    Save the Wave!

Corvette(s)
    2006 Velocity Yellow

Last year in Germany I ran 13.8 at 104 mph on my third ever try. My car is a 6sp. At the time all it had extra was a K&N filter and Z06 airbox cover. And it was about 100 degrees to boot!
    Randy Smith, Kokomo, Indiana
    Velocity Yellow 2006 6sp, Z51

ROJO99

13.22@109 Stock... 6 Speed of course.

Corvette(s)
    1963 Black/red Z06;2010 Blade Silver ZR1

no way that's stock running a 13.22@109 with a 1999 FRC - best I have done with my 2001 Z06 completely stock is a 13.48@105
    1963 Z06 black/red "LADY"
    2010 ZR1 silver/black "MARIAH"

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue Z06

There are big differences between tracks. The track surface, elevation, track preparation, etc. There are differences between drivers, too. Wheelspin will just kill you if you are using stock tires. What is your 60' time?

I have run low 13's at 2600' on street tires. When I added better drag race tires, I got as low as 12.4 at 2600' elevation. That translates to about 12.0-12.1 at sea level. I still consider my car "stock" with those better tires.
    Save the Wave!

Corvette(s)
    1963 Black/red Z06;2010 Blade Silver ZR1

damn good times with your '02 Z06 - was just questioning a 1999 FRC running the times quoted
    1963 Z06 black/red "LADY"
    2010 ZR1 silver/black "MARIAH"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast