Results 1 to 5 of 5
- 11-07-11, 03:40 PM #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2011
- marin ca
- A friends 1993
Mobile One oil with 3000 miles on it has little dark globs..........
This is a friends 93 V8- I think the 300 hp one and I checked dipstick (cold) and noticed clean looking oil with a little dark glob towards lower 1/3 of dipstick.
So in again and same thing...been looking at oil on dipsticks 40 yrs now and never seen this.
After a 50 mile run same day, I checked it again hot and sure enough...every time it has little tiny bits of something suspended in oil (always in bottom part of dipstick)
any ideas? cars owner not worried... hey they run hot....
but I think maybe some gasket material? why is the oil filter not getting this?
oh yeah 123,000 miles and always has had mobile one oil.
ps idles real rough - tailpipe inside is very dark black sooty smells like she runs rich and hot.
what a fun car to drive! its a convertible - its got me thinkn bout buyn a cheby
- 11-07-11, 03:49 PM #2
- Join Date
- May 2002
- Missoura Ozarks
- Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster
- 11-07-11, 07:30 PM #3
It's water /coolant from as 6 shooter said or condensation .
- 11-08-11, 10:40 AM #4
with running rough makes me think head gasket is going"Leave later, drive faster, get there first"
- 11-08-11, 11:49 PM #5
I would be willing to bet it is something in the dipstick tube getting picked up when the stick is pulled out
2002 W/Borla Exhaust
- By mrm1149 in forum C5 Parts For Sale / WantedReplies: 0Last Post: 01-08-06, 11:07 AM
- By Skant in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 6Last Post: 02-16-04, 03:05 PM
- By Mad-Mic in forum Callaway Corvette ForumReplies: 11Last Post: 12-06-03, 06:08 PM
- By TonyK in forum C4 Corvettes For SaleReplies: 0Last Post: 11-25-03, 06:06 PM