Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: C5 Plastic

Corvette(s)
    2003 Anny Coupe

Default C5 Plastic

My trim is going to waste-land in the car. First, the visor mirrors went capooee and now the electric switch for the fuel door is gone.....

It appears I will need to order a new console, the eyelits that held the switch, 3 of 4 have failed. Where to buy?

Went to add some windshield washer fluid and the cap retaining part is going.

This car is about 8 years old but why can't the plastic last just a bit longer?

I am not complaining, just pointing out what is happening to my car, I just love to drive it!

Corvette(s)
    98 black 6spd convert.

Quote Originally Posted by jwawhite View Post
    My trim is going to waste-land in the car. First, the visor mirrors went capooee and now the electric switch for the fuel door is gone.....

It appears I will need to order a new console, the eyelits that held the switch, 3 of 4 have failed. Where to buy?

Went to add some windshield washer fluid and the cap retaining part is going.

This car is about 8 years old but why can't the plastic last just a bit longer?

I am not complaining, just pointing out what is happening to my car, I just love to drive it!

Are you the original owner?

Those issues sound like disassembly and/or re-assembly problems.
    Master Technician

25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech

22+ year Honda Master Tech

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue coupe

I have a 2002 and my plastic is fine,just buy new pieces to replace the old and move on.Things wear out due to sun heat,cold or whatever