Results 1 to 5 of 5
- 10-01-11, 08:00 PM #1stonebreakerGuest
2000 M6 makes rattling noise during low rpm - any common causes?
Just bought my vette about 3 weeks ago and love it. However, I often hear a rattling sound coming from under the car when I start off slowly - like, below 1200 rpm in 1st or 2nd gear. Is this an issue common to the car, and if so, any ideas on what it could be (I'm assuming it's the trans or the clutch)? Also sometimes hear a clang or a thump when downshifting while slowing down, that sounds like there's some play somewhere in the driveline. Not sure if it's related...
Car has 120,000 miles on it and the engine runs like a dream - I've put 3,000 miles on the car in 3 weeks.
- 10-02-11, 01:28 PM #2
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
- Salt Lake City
- 2003 Medium Spiral Grey
- 10-03-11, 09:21 AM #3
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Pittsburgh / San Antonio
- '98 Aztec Gold Coupe; '04 Millennium Yellow 'Vert'
1998 Aztec Gold #15||| 2004 Millennium Yellow
- 10-03-11, 07:54 PM #4stonebreakerGuest
Well, that's a relief. I was worried I may have bought car trouble.
Overall, though, I'm loving the car. I've already put HID projectors on the car and the next mod is some new seats.
- 10-04-11, 08:14 AM #5Master Technician
25+ year ASE Master Certified Tech
22+ year Honda Master Tech
- By tigerdan in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 5Last Post: 09-02-10, 06:41 AM
- By leeboy66 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 19Last Post: 01-05-07, 07:59 PM
- By claudio123 in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 10Last Post: 07-09-06, 02:34 PM
- By lwilliams in forum C6 General DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-02-05, 10:44 PM
- By Geeduz in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 2Last Post: 08-02-03, 11:21 AM