Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: Trans leaking

Corvette(s)
    2001 pewter Conv, 6 sp

Default Trans leaking

I bought the Corvette when it was 9 years old, not many miles on for 9 years, when I joined this Forum, I found many things can go wrong with a high tech car like this, this is my 5th Corvette, the others were years ago ie 1962 1964, not so many high tech items on them. I don't do any major work on my cars any more, I have installed the new brass headlight gears, ya the headlight gear was stripped, I installed the emergency flasher switch which also controls the turn signals. Some things I can do, with labor rates getting close to $80 plus dollars, it looks like just maybe my ext warr will be ok.

Removing and reinstalling the trans and rear end I was told it was an 18 hour job, I don't have a gm labor hour guide book. Can someone tell me what the labor hours are for the trans leak fix and the rear end leak fix is, Replacing seals/gasket for each problem.

Corvette(s)
    2001 pewter Conv, 6 sp

Default Trans leaking 6 speed manual

It's a manual trans. 6 sp