Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Default BBK intake manifold w/ Throtle body

hey guys

i am really interested in putting to my 2000 C5 the
    BBK SSI Performance Intake Manifold 5004

with the 80mm throttle body but i was wondering if any of you guys have put this intake and what are the results your car respond good. Because i wanted to put the z06 intake but i was reading that this one give more HP then the z06 one and its a lot cheaper then the z06 to what do you guys recommend.

thanks

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

Please, describe the modifications already done to the engine.

ok it has ram intake LT long tube headers with HI flow cats, BBK under drive pulley, corsa exhaust. but i want to put the intake manifold before i take it to the Dyno.

thanks

Corvette(s)
    '92 Red Convertible / '99 Red Convertible

A few years ago I installed the BBK intake manifold & 80mm TB on my '99 C5 convertible. I also installed shorty headers (I know, go ahead... they are useless). The car already had a Corsa cat-back exhaust w/ X pipe when I purchased it.

My buddy and I tuned the car with HP Tuners software and there was a significant difference in the "feel" of the car when driving and power. I never dyno'ed the car, but it is definitely a lot more fun to drive. The "butt" dyno says it is worth the money to do.

CG

Technical Writer for Internet & Print Media
    Corvette(s)
    71 95 04 12

I suspect you'll spend a lot of money on that intake manifold and TB combination and it will not gain you much performance.

If you had an aftermarket camshaft and/or different heads, then that manifold/TB pairing might really be worth the money.

thanks guys for your replies
    i have been doing some homework on this subject, and alot of the members here have the ls6 intake and they have gotten good results, and they have also talk about the heat sink on the BBK and some other stuff.. and yes im going to be installing cams as well but thats after the intake, need to save the money