Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1999 Coupe

Default Wipers not parking correctly

Just recently my windshield wipers park in the middle of the stroke. They work fine when in use, but when I turn them off, the go to teh bottom adn then return to the middle of the glass. At times, when wet, they park at the proper spot. I have cleaned the utters and checked for a bent or broke parking tab but I cannot find it. Has anyone had this problem before and what fixed it? I am tempted to replace the wiper motor being that when wet, they seem to pull down like they are supposed to. HELP.

Corvette(s)
    Millennium Yellow LS6 enhanced Roadster

Corvette(s)
    2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

If your parking pawl is bent and is not stopping up against the park stop, your problem is exactly what you will experience. Check out this thread, as I explain your problem in detail. There is probably nothing wrong with your wiper motor.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Corvette(s)
    1999 Coupe

GREAT. Thank you. I will pull it back apart and check the stop. Still baffles me why when raining/wet, it parks fine.

Corvette(s)
    2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bstasch View Post
    GREAT. Thank you. I will pull it back apart and check the stop. Still baffles me why when raining/wet, it parks fine.
    The only thing that I can think of is that the water is oiling the parking pawl and when it hits the stop, it doesn't continue to force its way around the stop. You will only need to bend the parking pawl ever so slightly to fix this problem. Don't go all Hercules and break it off. That will cause a free repair to turn into a money repair.
    "Marines - Making the other guy die for his country for over 200 years."

Corvette(s)
    1999 Coupe

LMFAO...Thanks again.