Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Corvette(s)
    2004 c-5 vert 6 speed trp blk

Default ac problems ? weak blower

throwing codes BO361 & BO441 air is cold but not blowing out the correct vents .what do i need to do ?

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by bigjohn19136 View Post
    throwing codes BO361 & BO441 air is cold but not blowing out the correct vents .what do i need to do ?
    10 amp Fuse # 24 in power distribution center !
    Try This!~!!
    If it don't work take a couple shots of Te Kill Ya and call me in the morning!
    Just j/k!~!!

We will try something else!!
    Re-Calibrating Actuators

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:
    1. Turn OFF the ignition. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module.
      Important

The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

Wait 60 seconds.
    2. Install the fuse.
    PS Welcome to
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmjunkie View Post
    10 amp Fuse # 24 in power distribution center !
    Try This!~!!
    If it don't work take a couple shots of Te Kill Ya and call me in the morning!
    Just j/k!~!!

We will try something else!!
    Re-Calibrating Actuators

Use the following steps to perform the calibration update:
    1. Turn OFF the ignition. Remove the battery positive voltage circuit fuse of the HVAC Control Module.
      Important

The module memory will not clear if the battery positive voltage circuit fuse is installed in less than 60 seconds.

Wait 60 seconds.
    2. Install the fuse.
    could you show me pics location of positive voltage circuit fuse location thank you ! Big john

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

could you show me pics location of positive voltage circuit fuse location thank you ! Big john

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3507 (Small).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

just pull it wait 60 seconds reinstall an see what happens . thank you when i get home from work today i'll try it hope it works

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

just pull it wait 60 seconds reinstall an see what happens . thank you when i get home from work today i'll try it hope it works
    If it don't work there are a few more things that can be done!~!!

This is just first on the list!~!!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

i allready found an repaired a broken black vacume line behind the battery .that didn't repair it ( yesterday) have to start somewhere

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

i allready found an repaired a broken black vacume line behind the battery .that didn't repair it ( yesterday) have to start somewhere
    Did you happen to check the 1 way Vacuum Check valves while you were there?~??
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Default Oh man,I screwed up.................................

I gave you the wrong fuse and location!

Won't hurt anything,Just the wrong HVAC fuse.

The fuse your looking for is in fuse panel under the passenger side floor panel!
    Just lightly pull the top of the floor panel back and slide up!!
    Black box underneath and remove the cover!
    Fuse #18 (10 amp)
    What we are wanting to do is make the HVAC controller loose it's memory and reset it's self and all the actuators!~!!
    Sorry,Thats what I get for having 9 service programs running at once!~!!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3508 (Small).JPG   IMG_3509 (Small).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

Default wrong fuse

pulled the fuse you told me to an nothing same old **** cleared all codes last nite took car out today checked codes got two BO441H & BO361H an no i didn't check the vacume check valve (where is that located ) took my car back to my garage .tomorrow i'll pull fuse # 18 an see what happens an look for the vacume check valve how do i check an see if it's working rite ? i also want to thank you for taking your time an answering all my questions

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

pulled the fuse you told me to an nothing same old **** cleared all codes last nite took car out today checked codes got two BO441H & BO361H an no i didn't check the vacume check valve (where is that located ) took my car back to my garage .tomorrow i'll pull fuse # 18 an see what happens an look for the vacume check valve how do i check an see if it's working rite ? i also want to thank you for taking your time an answering all my questions
    I wouldn't worry about the check valves much on a C5 there away from the engine heat under the finder with the vacuum reserve tank!C3's and C4's were on the engine and went bad purdy often!

How many vacuum lines did you have to repair,usually the one from the vacuum port on the engine go's bad,but any of the 3 will scramble the HVAC Controlers Brain!~!! So it needs to be reset by killing the power to it!~!When it resets,it fully swings All of the Actuators and brings them back to center,so the HVAC Module knows where there at!~!!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

Default ac

i'm going over my garage first thing tomorrow an pull the # 18 fuse an see what happens if that don't work i'll give you a call thank's Big John philly

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

i'm going over my garage first thing tomorrow an pull the # 18 fuse an see what happens if that don't work i'll give you a call thank's Big John philly
    Oh,I forgot to tell you.Set the passenger temp knob striate up!~!!(or in the middle if yours don't have a dot!)
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)

ok will do

Corvette(s)

Default ac

went over garage pulled fuse #18 turned passenger control knob straight up nothing same old $hit dissconnected battery waited five hooked it back up same codes cleared them took a little cruise same codes and still air comes out both defroster an center vent at the same time whats next ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast