Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
    Corvette(s)
    1978 Silver Ann. 2014 Red Stingray

Default Bridgestone Potenza tires

I have Bridgestone Potenza tires on my 04. I noticed in Mid America catalog where they were selling them it said not for cold weather. Does anybody have these that drive in cold weather? Can it damage the tire or is there a safety reason or something for this? The dealer didn't say anything to me about this when I bought them.

Corvette(s)
    Stingray

That is now a standard precaution warning for "Summer" tires. This is a warning that they are not not all-weather (all season) tires, and all brands use the warning The compounds in Summer tires do not take well to the cold. It doesn't harm the tire, but cold weather traction is, theoretically, not as good as all-weather tires. I've driven in blizzards on summer tires - but it wasn't really a lot of fun.

Corvette(s)
    1978 Silver Ann. 2014 Red Stingray

Default Bridgestone Potenza tires

OK thanks

Corvette(s)
    Stingray

BTW - Bridgestone makes an all-season Potenza Pole Position that is a killer tire. I had them on my 06 Z06, and they were terrific.