Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: Any ideas?

Corvette(s)
    1998 Torch Red Coupe

Default Any ideas?

The battery in the TPMS sensor on my left front wheel died so no signal was being received at the DIC. I ordered a new sensor pulled the wheel brought it to my local mechanic and he replaced it. Then I put the wheel back on went to program the sensors using a strong magnet.

The only sensor that will reset is the new one, I can't seem to get the other three to reset, (which were working before), have tried multiple times on different days with different strong magnets with no luck, only the new one will reset.

Also, I have tried different positions around the valve with the magnets again no luck.

I think the probabilty of the other three sensors going dead at the same time just when I replace one is really remote, but you never know.

What happened? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keep 'em rollin'.

Bill

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by WLS Ruby 93 View Post
    The battery in the TPMS sensor on my left front wheel died so no signal was being received at the DIC. I ordered a new sensor pulled the wheel brought it to my local mechanic and he replaced it. Then I put the wheel back on went to program the sensors using a strong magnet.

The only sensor that will reset is the new one, I can't seem to get the other three to reset, (which were working before), have tried multiple times on different days with different strong magnets with no luck, only the new one will reset.

Also, I have tried different positions around the valve with the magnets again no luck.

I think the probabilty of the other three sensors going dead at the same time just when I replace one is really remote, but you never know.

What happened? Any ideas would be appreciated.

Keep 'em rollin'.

Bill
    My left front died first on my 03, then the rest followed within 6 weeks!
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    1998 Torch Red Coupe

Default Sensors

GM Junkie,

I guess it's possible that the batteries in the other three were weak but the chance of them failing all at once is just too much of a coincidence.

When I get a chance I will stop in at the local Costco and have a techie try to reset them with a proper tool. If that doesn't work then I'll spring for three new sensors.

I will keep everyone posted until the situation is straightened out so that we all know what's going on.

Thanks for the reply.

Bill