Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!


Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: oil pressure

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

    Default oil pressure

    My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member gmjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Old Fort NC/Vero Beach FL
    Posts
    5,287
    Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightvette View Post
    My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks
    Faulty Oil Pressure sending unit!~!!

    YouTube - C5 oil sender.mp4

    Welcome to

    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous


  3. #3
    Gone but not forgotten XLR8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Mississippi Gulf Coast
    Posts
    10,268
    Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible

    Default

    I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert!

    Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
    Jane Ann

    For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.





  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

    Default oil pressure

    Hi THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I have been so disgusted with this car but maybe this will be an easy fix. You don't know how much I appreciate this. I can't say enough good stuff about this site. I did look and see if there was already a solution I didn't see one but I may have looked at the wrong place. THANKS AGAIN.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

    Default Oil pressure

    HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN

  6. #6
    Member gmjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Old Fort NC/Vero Beach FL
    Posts
    5,287
    Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert!

    Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
    Jane Ann

    Thanks for the kind words Jane Ann,and just think back in 04 I could barley spell CORVETTE!~!!
    I'm sure the establishment had to have spent allot of $$ the first 3 years for the litter box!~!!

    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous


  7. #7
    Member gmjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Old Fort NC/Vero Beach FL
    Posts
    5,287
    Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knightvette View Post
    HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN
    I'd go with a genuine AC Delco if you can!~!!

    As far as a Cave Man,I'm close!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3759 (Small).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous


  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lafayette
    Posts
    20
    Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

    Default oil pressure

    THANKS You got me laughing already this morning. Its good to put a face with the name. I like your hat. I believe I have got one of those somewhere. I thought this might be coffee I was wrong. Little bit to early for beer for me but I guess its 5 oclock somewhere. See ya got to get ready to go get my parts. THANKS AGAIN

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    naples fl.
    Posts
    305
    Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue coupe

    Default

    G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky

  10. #10
    Member gmjunkie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Old Fort NC/Vero Beach FL
    Posts
    5,287
    Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ernestD View Post
    G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky
    We Are!~~!Each in our way,You otta meet Vet Boy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1337 (Medium).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous


  11. #11
    Dad
    Dad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    West Unity OH
    Posts
    840
    Corvette(s)
    05Silver/Red6spd 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd

    Default

    Is that rotor there to keep your mask from running away from what it’s hiding?

    C6 has been to 20 states, 49K miles and counting... slowly, more fun driving the '64 and the '72.

Similar Threads

  1. Oil Pressure
    By Paddywhack in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-24-08, 11:07 AM
  2. Air Pressure
    By Glide in forum C4 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-19-07, 04:43 PM
  3. Oil pressure
    By magnesium in forum C3 General Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-05-04, 10:33 PM
  4. Oil pressure...???
    By magnesium in forum C3 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-05-04, 10:31 PM
  5. oil pressure
    By joe1975 in forum C3 Technical and Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-03-04, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© CORVETTE is a registered trademark of the General Motors Corporation & Chevrolet Motor Division.  Neither Chevrolet Motor Division nor any subsidiaries of GM© shall bear any responsibility for CorvetteActionCenter.com content, comments, or advertising. CorvetteActionCenter.com is independent from GM© and is not affiliated with, sponsored or supported by GM©.  Copyright/trademark/sales mark infringements are not intended, or implied.  All Rights Reserved