Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: oil pressure

Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

Default oil pressure

My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by knightvette View Post
    My display is showing 129 lbs. of oil pressure and my guage is bottomed out at 80 what can be wrong? Someone told me on a regular car it may need an oil sending unit but they didn't know if it would be the same on a vette I know someone knows need help again please haven't got my wipers fixed and already found another problem. Thanks
    Faulty Oil Pressure sending unit!~!!

YouTube - C5 oil sender.mp4

Welcome to

junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com
    Founding Member: 10 Corvettes Anonymous

Corvette(s)
    2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible

I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert!

Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
    Jane Ann

For every person with a spark of genius, there are a hundred with ignition trouble.

Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

Default oil pressure

Hi THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I have been so disgusted with this car but maybe this will be an easy fix. You don't know how much I appreciate this. I can't say enough good stuff about this site. I did look and see if there was already a solution I didn't see one but I may have looked at the wrong place. THANKS AGAIN.

Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

Default Oil pressure

HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
    I was about to post a reply when I discovered gmjunkie had responded with the pertinent info. You'll be happy to know you've just met the CAC C4 and C5 resident hillbilly Corvette expert!

Junkie is a fine fella and very knowledgeable and helpful!
    Jane Ann

Thanks for the kind words Jane Ann,and just think back in 04 I could barley spell CORVETTE!~!!
    I'm sure the establishment had to have spent allot of $$ the first 3 years for the litter box!~!!

junk!!
    "WARNING"
    The views and opinions of this forum user might not be suitable for others, this user may appear to be heavily over-medicated, under medicated, intoxicated, listening to the voices in his head or just plain being an ass, so some viewers may be offended!~!!!
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by knightvette View Post
    HI AGAIN, great video thank you gmjunkie for posting it for me. That looks easy enough I believe a cave man could do it I may not can find a cave man these days I think I could even do it, I would like to try it. But seriously that has saved me alot of money because I know someone that would do that for me for nothing they are just not sure about working on corvettes they are just afraid to try something they don't know anything about. Great Great I am ready to go buy the unit and tools when the auto parts open up I hope they have it in stock THANKS AGAIN
    I'd go with a genuine AC Delco if you can!~!!

As far as a Cave Man,I'm close!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3759 (Small).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Corvette(s)
    1998 & 1981 WHITE

Default oil pressure

THANKS You got me laughing already this morning. Its good to put a face with the name. I like your hat. I believe I have got one of those somewhere. I thought this might be coffee I was wrong. Little bit to early for beer for me but I guess its 5 oclock somewhere. See ya got to get ready to go get my parts. THANKS AGAIN

Corvette(s)
    2002 electron blue coupe

G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky

Corvette(s)
    03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by ernestD View Post
    G.m. JUNKIE-you know a lot of info about vettes-but that picture!People might get the wrong idea about us corvette owners!And think we are all wacky
    We Are!~~!Each in our way,You otta meet Vet Boy!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1337 (Medium).JPG  
    junk!!
    "WARNING"
    www.gmjunkie.com

Dad
    Corvette(s)
    05Silver/Red6spd 72Blk/Blk4Spd 64Red/Red/Wht4spd

Is that rotor there to keep your mask from running away from what it’s hiding?

C6 has been to 20 states, 49K miles and counting... slowly, more fun driving the '64 and the '72.