Corvette Action Center - The ultimate online hub of Corvette news and information! Click here to go to the Corvette Forums!

Supporting Vendors / Dealers - Supporting Membership - Advertising Information - Corvette Amazon Shop

Thread: First Dyno Run

Corvette(s)
    2002 Red Coupe (Intake/Exhaust)

Default First Dyno Run

I just did my first Dyno run. She has 75k miles and just pulled a baseline 289.7 at the wheels. Before any tuning. She was running a little lean. This is with an Aftermarket exhaust and intake... x pipe and back anyways... I'll post my final numbers when I get them... anyone else have some baseline numbers to compare with?

Also I have run a 12.9 with her and that was before new tires

Corvette(s)
    2004 6 Speed Roadster and 2011 Inferno Orange Z06

What kind of exhaust and intake?

Corvette(s)

I'm not sure. I can't see any name on the exhaust. And I will have to check the intake... I just Dyno tuned her. Now she's running with 314.5 hp and 320 lb/ft (up from about 280ish) you can feel the extra power for sure, especially top end. But I ran the 12.9 with old tires and the old 289.7 hp with 40 less pounds of torque, so I plan on running a 12.5 next time. The tires made an obvious difference. No more spinning through slamming second, she just squats and runs now. I wouldn't think the exhaust is a low end brand because I just bought the same Michelin pilot sport a s plus ZP that were on it and cost around 1500 total for everything including warranty. If they paid that for tires I don't see them cheaping out on oil changes or smaller upgrades. I would assume since they bought the best tires then whoever had her before me took awesome care of her in every way.

Corvette(s)
    72 454 convertible, 2000 C5 Z51

may have missed it but manual or auto?

Corvette(s)

Quote Originally Posted by baxsom View Post
    may have missed it but manual or auto?
    Manual