Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 02-21-11, 01:36 PM #1
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Purcellville, VA
- 2001 C5
Right turn signal/running light socket bad?
Been blowing the 10a fuse under the psgr floorboard panel everytime I turn on the running lights/headlights. Lose all interior lighting and ablilty to retract the headlamps by turning off headlamp switch. Suspect some moron at an auto shop replacing the bulb messed up the right turn/running bulb socket as it looks a bit blackened. Thinking I need to replace the bulb socket but wanted see if others had this issue. Thoughts?
- 02-22-11, 08:36 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2009
- naples fl.
- 2002 electron blue coupe
sometimes I went to an automatic car wash-duh! and everytime the right turn bulb blew-out,somehow water was getting in-no more auto. car washes! the socket was blackened.replaced the bulb and now it has been o.k.Don't know if this is your prob. or not.I think water or moisture gets in maybe behind the lens.
- 02-23-11, 03:30 PM #3
this is one of the reasons to disable DRL's
DON'T LET WHAT YOU CAN'T DO GET IN THE WAY OF WHAT YOU CAN DO!
86 & 99 auto Z51's
AMA Lifetime Member
NASCAR Winston Weekly Racing Series Track Championship Crew Member (Dirt Track)
NASCAR Dodge Weekly Racing Series Track Championship Crew Member (Pavement)
NASCAR Whelen All American Weekly Series Track Championship Crew Member (Pavement)
NASCAR Whelen All American Weekly Series California State Championship Crew Member (Pavement)
- By 98TXRed in forum C5 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 12Last Post: 11-19-13, 02:15 PM
- By MRANT212 in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 4Last Post: 06-21-05, 11:07 PM
- By Bonnell in forum C4 General DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 07-24-04, 12:54 PM
- By 81vetter in forum C3 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 1Last Post: 05-04-03, 05:20 AM
- By SPANISHVETTS in forum C4 Technical and PerformanceReplies: 0Last Post: 11-23-02, 05:53 AM